Chapter 19 : A Peculiar Dream

Three hours,seventeen minutes and thirty seconds,that's how long Trevor is standing outside the Count's Pet shop,his place was locked.He paces furiously on his own stupidity.Why is he even here?Why wait for a man for this fucking long hours?Why? That question is actually fears him,what if he already knew the answer but he just denying it?

"Crap!" he cursed. He couldn't be possibly fell for that man,is he?If he was,that would be so unorthodox and extremely creepy.

He shudders in his own thought."No,i am not in love with the guy,i am just....just worried about him... y-yeah...that's it,I'm j-just worried,and i might be grooved on our petty arguments that's all,n--nothing serious."Trevor murmured but his expression seems to be unsure....

There's a loud thud that makes him jump and when he turns,he was surprised when he saw the count,carrying a blonde on his back.

"Don't ask Mr.Lucas,just please help me." D said in a tired voice,as if he read his mind.

Trevor carried the stranger inside Count D's pet shop,D is extremely tense,pacing here and there,biting his own nails,the animals are clueless on what happened to the detective as they all stared at him with both bewilderment and concern.

"Where is the doctor Mr.Lucas?Is he coming yet?" D asked perturbed.

"He is,just get hold of yourself Count and please stop pacing,you're giving me a headache already." Trevor complained but the count doesn't care.

He looks at his darling detective,his heart throbs.He turned his eyes off him,One teardrop fell but it was concealed by the curtain of his black lock.

"Why don't we get him to the hospital?I guess it is much better than confined him in your shop." Trevor suggests.

Count D considered the offer but he is worried about the possibilities of the witches's revenge and he cannot afford to take a risk especially if it is his dear detective's life is at stake.

"We can't....J-just get the doctor here already." D said.

And as if a cue,the doctor does arrive,He examined the man and stitched the wound in Leon's chest,He gave the count a prescription and asked him to follow the instruction,D thanked the good doctor and when he's about to pay his service,Trevor paid for him.

The doctor left while Count D asks Trevor to help him to transfer Leon to his room.He lugged the stranger to the count's room and helped him lay down.

Count D sighs in relief and thanked Trevor for his help.

"Don't mention it,call me if you need help." Trevor assured the weary count.He just smiled at him and again,thanked him.

Trevor knew that it wasn't the right time for him to stay at his shop so he bid him goodbye and motored away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alone now,D touches Leon's face,he is sleeping but he still looks handsome.D gently kisses his forehead and he stokes his detective's golden hair.What happened before was terrifying experience for the both of them---he was carried away and he failed to grasped the impending danger,it almost cost him the life of his beloved detective.

It is so scary more than visioning his own life to end. Imagining Leon gone is enough to make his heart sores.He couldn't take it,so pushed those negative thoughts aside.

As exhausted as D was,he fell deep in slumber while holding Leon's hand....

and a peculiar dream appears in his mind.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Count D is awakened by a strange sound,when he look for Leon,the man is gone!

He panicked,he run as he called the detective's name...

Suddenly it was dark,he cannot see anything....

The strange sound becomes louder and it almost deafened him.

and he hears a familiar voice calling out to him...

He looks around to see who it is.....

His heart is pounding in speed....

and he was stunned when he heard the familiar voice again.....

"You're just like your father My dear grandson...." The voice said....

Count D shudders,that is his grandfather--Sofu D. Who disguised himself as a bunny-like winged creature.

"Grandfather...where are you?Where's Leon?" D asks,his heart convulsed in nervousness....

"Love between an immortal and a human is forlorn and perhaps lethal...It's nothing but a recipe for disaster,My dear." Sofu D said in a castigating voice.

D arches his brows and sheer terror and tension,he still can't find Leon.

"Where is Leon grandfather?Where did you took him?" D asked impatient.

"I am warning you my child,Don't do anything that you would later regret." the elder kami said sternly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

D was awakened from the awful nightmare.

"Was it a dream or an omen?" D asked himself. He eyed at Leon who is still sleeping peacefully in his bed.

He gently cups the detective's cheek while thinking about what he had dreamed.

"Grandfather,was it you?Had you visited me on my dream just to warned me?" Count D mumbled to himself,he then remembered the oath-the vengeance--His father's last wish.....

He closes his eyes....

"I am sorry Father...I cannot make myself do it...I just can't." D cries in guilt and misery.