Chapter 8 : Bewitched

"Count there's an invitation for you." -Ten-chan, one of D's magical pets. (a kitsune-nine-tailed fox who can mimick different creatures even humans)

He reaches for it and his eyes widens as he reads who is hosting  a ball tonight.

It's from Margaux Rivera,a black witch.There's no helping it,he should not miss the ball or it will cause chaos between the kami's and the witches. 

"Wow,you're pretty popular count.Even the witches in this country knows about you."Ten-chan said in delight,while the other animals are just looking,curious of what exactly the ball of witches  looks like.

"Our existence is known by them,Ten-chan,though we are different in many ways,especially our kind of living,we share a common ground,we're immortals."he said tiredly.

"So this ball are for immortals,wow,that is awesome!"- Ten-chan said in complete ignorance.

Count D sighs,he cannot make him understand the purpose of this party. The sorcerers needs his advice or rather his alliance to destroy humanity. Though, it is still so vivid in his memory,the last moments he had with his father,his wish of revenge to mankind and his vow of fulfilling it,deep inside his heart,he knows that something has changed,and it is because he developed a bond with human beings, like Chris,Jill and Leon-the man he loves.

"I have to prepare,we will close our shop early today." he said to his pets.

=========================

Leon looks to his reflection in the mirror,he never fails to look handsome,he chortles in his own foolishness.He is now wearing a tuxedo,a white one,it is locally-made by one of the finest stylist in this country,Mr.King said.What he don't understand is that,why the hell he is wearing a tux if he's a bodyguard?Is it possible that Margaux likes him?

"Okay that is far-stretched."he mused."The lady is so generous to me,i should not think of that silly things." he reprimanded himself. 

He walked away from the mirror,He is ready now. Lately,he met his friend Harris and told him the situation, he also told him that he is going to serve the lady for a while to save money for his plane ticket and also to pay what Jill had lent him. At first,Harris opposed his decision but he later yielded because he realized that Leon had made up his mind. He went away but he made him promised to call him if he ever needs help,he appreciate Harris concern so he said yes.

He is called by Mr.King to assist the lady.So he would be Margaux's escort tonight,Why him? he thought to himself. When he's out of the room,he looks around,the guards are wearing a gray polo-shirt and black pants, and what he wears is not appropriate for the job he took.

"What is the meaning of this?" he asked himself. But then,he was silent for a moment when he saw Margaux, She is wearing a black silk dress,that suits her perfectly,her lips are painted red like blood. She is fascinating,drop-dead Gorgeous! 

Margaux is coming closer to him now,he feels the rush on his nerve,Gosh he cannot breathe.He is attracted to this woman,No doubt!

"Leon,you look handsome,it suits you to well." she said charmingly.

" T-thanks, b-but why i am wearing this,wh---" 

He was cut off by her and she answers his question in what seems to be flirtatious voice.

"Why?Coz you're my escort for tonight." she said,her eyes on him,teasing him.

" B-but..." he protests but he was silenced when Margaux put her finger in his lips,he was taken aback by this change of event.