Chapter 14 : A Date

Sarah giggles as she looks at Count D. It is the first time that she saw the man so spaced out.She is one of the street children that Count loves to help,she remembered clearly how they met. Her mother was sick and needed to be treated immediately,but they don't have money,so she decided to steal.

The Count's pet shop is nearby,and since the other establishments are closing plus they have security guards,she found it difficult to get in,but in D's place,she can sneak there easily because she heard that there are no guards roaming the area.

So she sneaked in there,watching her steps carefully,it was pitch-black and she didn't see anything,her heart is pounding so fast,and she cannot grasp for breath,she screamed when she felt something bit her leg and the room was suddenly bright,the count is there with his animals,and when she gazed at her feet,she wailed in horror,it was a snake!

She whined in fear that the snake had a poison and she might die.The count is still standing there,watching.

"Please help me...Please, i didn't want to do this but i need money...my mama needs me." she begged.

Now the count is walking towards her,he bent to examine the wound,he still not speaking.He led him to the couch and made her sit.He's gone to get first aid kit or whatever it is to cure her.

and now the count is back,he gently nurses her wound...

she was embarrassed....This man is so nice to her even she attempted to robbed his shop....

"Tell me,what happened to your mother." D said,his eyes still focused on her wound.

"She's in the hospital right now,i managed to borrowed money from our neighbors but it wasn't enough,she needs to be treated...at this rate,if she still doesn't... she would......" She answered but did not continue because she is now bursting in tears...she is worried sick about her mama.

"Next time,you should not do this thing,if you needs help,come to my shop and i'll help you." D said.

She looked up to him,she couldn't believed that there are people who would help someone like them,they're strangers even--and they're unrelated to this man and yet...He helped.She felt the sincerity in his offer,and in so so much happiness she embraced him. "Thank you Mister,You're an angel." she said,and the man stroke her hair and said nothing.

Day after that,the count paid their bills,and not only that,The count referred her mother to his clients,so her mama is working now as a nanny of a wealthy businesswoman.

She owed him a lot,and she is glad to see this man happy. The count deserves all the happiness that this world may offer.

Count D looks at her puzzled,she knows what this man might thinking.

"To answer your question Count,i am here because mama wants to give this to you." Sarah said smiling while giving the count a basket of fruits.The Count took the present.

"Tell your mother,thanks.So young lady,do you want some tea?" D offered still his eyes are full of gaiety.

"You know that i hate tea,Count." she said pouting.

"and what do you want? coffee? Gosh,you're still young for that,it's caffeine,Sarah,it's unhealthy!" D lectured her all over again.

"Why?I love coffee as much as you love tea,well people don't share same preferences you know." she shoot back. The count just sighed in retreat,he sits and just drinks his tea.