Chapter 37 : The Sweetest Thing

" I think Heaven will be like a first kiss." 

~Sarah Addison Allen : The Sugar Queen 

Trembling,the count's lips released a long sigh as he succeeds on dodging his dear detective for a moment,He doesn't want to show him that he is jealous....especially now that Jill is here...with them.So this is what jealousy is,he felt so irritated and weak for having these stupid emotions in the first place,if he could ever turn back time,he would wish that he won't meet Leon nor Jill..but as he thought of this,he felt pain in his heart..."No,i couldn't....I am happy... Leon made me felt that i am alive for the very first time..." D murmurs and a smile painted on his face,a genuine one...but also with touch of hurt and pain.

He remembers the dream he had once the night after their encounter with Margaux,Sofu D, his grandfather warned him about his relationship with LEON...he can still feel the distaste in his grandfather's voice scolding him..but what puzzles him is that,why his grandfather compared him to his father?Does it mean that his father also fell in love with a human?? Who is that person?

He asks himself,but also realizes that the answers are not meant to be answered anyway,those secrets are with his father,buried with him forever.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A Pigeon flew back to his master to tell him the news... a threat to his kind.

Sofu-D grimaces as he heard it and he dismissed the bird and it flees...

"So foolish...what are they doing?" Sofu D mutters angrily.

Unbeknownst to him,his grandson is peeking at him,wondering why his grandfather is agitated again..does his father and his brother do something crazy again? he asks himself..his green and blue eyes stares at Sofu-D with concern...and then the young D decided,he would visit his elder brother to warn him about the plan of their grandfather..he feels that something terrible is up,he couldn't pin point it yet but he knew too well that Sofu-D is much different from all the D's,he is cynical and vengeful,Forgiveness is never in his grandfather's vocabulary which made him so dangerous.

  ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* 

The count is back and now he's smiling,he has to because he don't want to burden Leon.

"Hey,try this,Ms.Sy said that it is pretty delicious.." Leon urged D and he pulled him beside him,The count was surprised and Jill looked away,D blushes.

"Ah--okay...as you wish..." D replied,he couldn't help but to look at Jill who is drinking her tea now,pretending that she doesn't see anything.

D ate the cupcake,and Leon was right!It was delicious!So he picked another one and ate it with pleasure while Leon is enjoying watching his dear D indulging in those cupcakes.D is like a child easily to be pleased...he's so cute,he stared at those beautiful red lips,he gulps,he struggles against himself,he wanted to kiss D if Jill isn't here,he is glad to do so..but Jill is here..with them....

Jill noticed the enraptured face of Leon,and she felt envious of D.But then she realized that there can't be a competition anymore because D already had Leon's heart in the beginning.She loved Leon,she knew that Leon can't be happy if she's with him.Leon is incomplete without D.So she decided to gave up,she wanted Leon to be happy,and to be with someone he loves,she should not ruin that for him...she is not selfish...she also knows how to sacrifice,and also,there are battles that are not meant to fight or win for,sometimes you have to let go and lose for the sake of others.

So even though,she's hurting,she is decided... LEON IS FOR D...Leon searched the whole world just to to be with the count,and this is the right time for them to drop the pretense and be true with their feelings.

"Leon,,Count D... You looked so perfect together..." Jill said cheerily.

The two looked at Jill,confused,she laughs at their shocked faces.

"Oh come on, you two! how long will you hide your feelings to each other?It is obvious,you guys are in love!" Jill said merrily and giggles.

Count D's mouth open to protest,the animals were shocked too,while Leon is dumbfounded.

Jill perks up and crosses her arms,shifting her gaze at D then to Leon and shakes her head.

"Don't deprive yourself of happiness guys,,,it's been five years and that was too long enough to play hard to get,alright,i'll go ahead to give you time to talk.." Jill said and winks at them and with that she's gone.

The two are so stunned to speak,they didn't expected that,It was Leon who broke the silence...

"D... uhm...what Jill said....it is true.... i fell in love with you." Leon confessed.

D's eyes widened in surprised,he couldn't believed it!Leon is confessing to him! Leon does love him too!

D felt his tears,he is too happy,Leon was worried when he saw the tears in D's eyes,he was scared he might be rejected but then D embraced him and whispered.." I love you too my dear detective...always and forever.." 

Leon's heart almost jumped when he heard that,he couldn't contain his happiness,he tightened his embrace at D and then he made him looked at him,D stared at those ocean blue eyes,they are both crying,it was silly but they were so happy to care at all.

The Phone rings,they looked at each other and D smirks...

"My my,dear Leon,someone is interrupting us again..." D teases.

"Screw whoever it is! I can't wait!" Leon said and in D's surprised,Leon kisses him, PASSIONATELY.But then he indulges... it is sweeter than the chocolates,nor cakes and candies,Leon's kiss is the sweetest!