Chapter 22 : Rivalry

"O, beware, my lord, of jealousy;

It is the green-ey'd monster, which doth mock

The meat it feeds on." 

- William Shakespeare : Othello

Trevor stood there appalled.He saw the count and that blonde stranger in that awkward position which intensifies the urge of asking the the pet seller,what is the real score between them?

"Mr.Lucas,If you don't have business to talk with me,I prefer you to leave." D said irked.

"I-iam sorry if i interrupted y-you...I am here to-to remind you about the rent.." Trevor stammers as if he is choking...."Choking in jealousy maybe..." Trevor thought but shook his head."You're crazy,You're not jealous,Idiot!" Trevor reprimanded himself. Leon notices that the strange guy seems to be confused...Well there's no wonder if he was,because if the table was turned,he would be petrified too...A Man kissing a man is odd..He chortles in his own thought,D gawks at him-puzzled.He just smirks at the count and said nothing.

"Thanks for reminding but you should not bother yourself coming here to tell me,You should at least send your secretary to do the job for you." D said flatly.

"But Kendra was absent and i was bored so i thought hanging around here would be fine." Trevor reasoned,trying hard to conceal his hurt,but Leon seemed to noticed,The guy glares at him like daring him in a challenge,He glares back at the arrogant man.They could be rivals in the future-contending to win the count's heart.

The count grasps the tension between the men and he intervenes."Well then,Mr.Lucas,In case if you didn't notice,My friend and I,are having a serious conversation which i assume that would not interests you." D said as if he is certain.Trevor knows too well that the count just want him to leave,but because he is stubborn and would not want his pride to be trampled on by somebody,He decided to stay which made The Count and the stranger exchanged glances.

He sits comfy to the couch uninvited,The count rolled his eyes in disbelief,while Leon scowled at him as he clenches his fists,but Trevor doesn't care,he just look at them wearing an evil smirk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An awkward silence befell them three. The animals sensed the pressure that is present--especially between Leon and Trevor.

Pon-chan rushes in Leon's lap as a sign of support while T-chan growls at Trevor telling the man to back-off. 

Leon noticed this rare alliance the goat is giving him,it makes him smile and it boosts his confidence,D's animals might like him well than the scumbag sitting in front of him.

"So tell me,Mr.Orcot,How long do you plan to stay here?Don't you have a job in the states?" Trevor asked while eyeing the foreigner in scrutiny.

"What an asshole." Leon thought as he glowered to the obnoxious stranger.

"To answer your question dude,I don't have a job,I quit the force four years ago and drop the formality,will you?" Leon answered irritated and added.."Jerk!" but only to himself.

The stranger just smirks at him which infuriates Leon more,Count D seems to feel the forthcoming strife between the two and decided to meddle once more.