Chapter 51 : Understanding,Bus to Memories

Leon's gaze is distant,his heart and mind are in total mess.He was sleep deprived and haven't eaten much since Chris was missing.Every single seconds adds to his anxiety,and a feeling of dread worsens and getting heavier as the clock ticks by.

He felt so helpless,if something happened to his brother,he knew he won't be able to forgive himself,he couldn't face Count D,because it will always reminds him that Chris was gone because of him,because of his selfish desire to be with the Count,he grimaces in both guilt and shame.He wasn't a good brother,he knows it,but heaven forbids,and if he still have the sympathy of the deities,he would ask for Chris's safety,more than anything else in the world.

He was stopped by his thoughts when he felt someone's hands tapped his shoulder,when he looked up,it was Jill,a very small smile was planted on her lips,though her eyes reflects the opposite.His stomach churns in panic,his legs wobbles,he couldn't take it,if Chris is injured,or killed....

"Leon,we have a lead.Trevor would tell you the details,but promise me not to freak out."-Jill said worriedly.

"Depends.."he mutters softly but Jill didn't hear it.

He was approached by Trevor who just finished his phone conversation with someone.He lit a cigarette and offers him one.He politely refused.He doesn't have time to smoke and be cozy with Trevor,any minute they delay in finding Chris would increase their risk,he wouldn't gamble his brother's life for it.

"Someone i trusted tipped me that your brother was held captive by a powerful syndicate here in Metro,they're quite dangerous,and frankly,as much as possible,i prefer to avoid a fight with other gangs,for it might affects my business,if you know what i mean."-Trevor said before he smokes.

"Bastard."Leon hisses,his veins are threatening to snap and any moment now,if Trevor would continue to say such selfish words,he swear he would pummel his ass all the way down to hell where he belongs and he would just apologize to Jill after.

"But,i am involved now and i won't desert a friend,and besides,i hate people who uses children to elevate their pathetic lives,so i'll do anything that i could to help."-Trevor said sincerely that it made Leon shudders,but Jill to smile.

Leon was shocked that Trevor would actually go that far,not to mention that he will risk his life just to help the people he just met.Maybe,he misunderstood the man all this time,he lowered his gaze,and smiles despite of himself.After he collected himself,he turns to face him,as Jill stood by,bracing herself for a blossoming friendship that is about to happen any minute now.

Leon extends his hand to Trevor,with a smile,a genuine one,Trevor was taken aback but regained his composure and threw his cigarette on the floor as he accepted Leon's offer of a hand shake.They stare at each other briefly,a man to man conversation even without the words,Leon and Trevor understood it,Respect and Trust had been built between them.

Jill beams in delight,tears are welling in her eyes as she watched these two gorgeous and important men in her life ended the hostility between them and decided to be friends.Her heart is filled with joy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Papa D and Victor just rode a bus,for Victor's car was unfortunately broke down as they were in the middle of the emergency.They don't have a choice but to commute,Victor called Brenda to take care of his car and hail for a bus.

The bus is rather crowded,and Victor knew that this is something that the Count wasn't accustomed to,but his head hurts,the blurred images flash on his mind and he saw the Count with his long and night-like hair was sitting with a man,and he gasped when he realized that the man was him!His head throbs...

"Are you okay?I told you not to tag along,but you were so stubborn."-Papa D scolded him,Victor could only blinks,he has a feeling that this bus endeavor happened before,and the images he saw confirmed it.

He glances at Papa D,he then muses to himself,"Am i really Vesca Howell?"

"Victor!Do say something,why so silent all of the sudden?"-Papa D's voice risen a bit but he didn't realized it until he saw the looks that the other passengers are giving them,his face turned scarlet immediately.A coy smile appears to Victor's face.

"I'm sorry,I've been thinking of what you just told me,about us having a son.",Victor apologized,but a trace of smile is still evident on his face.Papa D's heart is drumming a crazy rhythm that he has no control of.

"Right.A very convenient and perfect place for you to disclose the matter."-Papa D answered sarcastically.

"Why?We're in a hurry,we don't have time to stop by at the cafe and to catch up like long-lost sweethearts and we're adults,you don't have to be shy about it."-Victor retorted,arching his brows at him and gives the count a meaningful smile.

"He couldn't mean...!"-Papa D huffs in realization,this man and his perverted mind!

"You are disgusting!How could you ever think of that mundane thing at this moment?And to answer your foolish question,Our son was conceived through the experiment i just finished successfully,the one i left to you and our professor 20 years ago!",Papa D exclaimed,cheeks flustered in embarrassment and intense denial.Victor guffaws uncontrollably which of course,gained more audience than they already had.Papa D fought the itch to strangle this man's neck to stop him from laughing but that would create more problem and he have no time for it.

"Why won't you stop laughing like a dumb hyena and get over with it?You're embarrassing me!",Papa D chided him.Victor raises his hands in surrender but still snorting like a lunatic,that annoys the count more in no end.

"I'm,I'm sorry D.I just,i just can't help it,you are so cute.",Victor said,tears springing on his eyes because of too much laughter.

"What on earth are you talking about?Did you just tagged along to pester me?",Papa D asked vehemently.

"No,i came because i don't want you to be harmed.And i'm sorry,if i didn't help it,i lost it when you wrongfully thought about the question i just asked,i'm not even thinking about sex D.",Victor said between giggles.

Papa D's eyes widen in a fraction,he sees the onlookers smiles and starts whispering to each other of what this moron just talked about.His face reddens in shame and restrained fury.

Until............

"Ouch!What the hell is that for?",Victor yelped in surprise as the count thwack him without him knowing.

"Deserves you right.Now stop whining,and keep your mouth shut,I'd had enough of your crap and i won't be putting myself in further humiliation.",Papa D answered,glowering at him.

"Fine,fine,jeez,You don't have to hit me.",Victor complains as he scratches his head while Papa D pretended that he didn't heard him,he turned his back at him and secretly smiles as the other passengers giggles in amusement.