Chapter 31 : Fatal Mistake

"Not all weapons are guns or blades; the most dangerous are subtle, hidden."   

-Andrea Cremer:The Investor's Secret

Rachel is elegant and classy as she speaks,but something about her that unnerves the count.He is thinking of the possibility that this sweet,gentle and courteous young lady is a hired assassin from the witches or his grandfather.But when he looks at her closely,he couldn't grasp any dark aura from the woman,if she is indeed a hired assassin,his purple eye would see her body surrounded by a red aura,if she's a witch,then it would be a dark crimson.But Rachel is neither.So he thought that maybe he is just overthinking because of what happened before when Leon almost died in Margaux's havoc.

"Count D,The pet i wanted is something who could grant my heart's desire." Rachel said suddenly.

"Of course,I might have the animal you want,This shop's motto is to sell our customers Love and dreams.May i take you to the room miss?" D said politely as he points the huge door behind them.

"I'll join you in the viewing room D...Rachel..." Leon insists.

Rachel looks at Leon,her eyes seems to be mocking him,he doesn't know but he just feels it,that's why he became more conscious and cautious around his student.

"Mr.Orcot,That's really not necessary,we're not in school,are we?"Rachel said still smiling at Leon.Leon's mouth open to protest but then Count D waved him off.

"Of course,Rachel,Mr.Orcot won't need to follow us in the room,I respect my customer's request of privacy." D said but the last word he stared at Leon as if he wanted the man to understand the word PRIVACY,so Leon just shrug his shoulders in dismay as the two enters the labyrinth of rooms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Please take your time and find something that would suit your fancy." D said encouraging Rachel.

The lady looks at the animals,some of the supposed extincts are here,a sly smile appears in her face but Count D didn't saw it,she whirled around to face the count.

"Count D,i love to have an Erinyes." Rachel said to D earnestly.

The Count blinks in surprise,he couldn't believe what Rachel is asking,that's not even an animal it's a deity.But Yes,he have one from the distant relative of the authentic Erinyes and he called it Eucula.

"What are you talking about Rachel?There's no such thing in this shop."D lied,how he wished the paleness of his face will remain unnoticed by the young lady.

Rachel peers at Count D in what seems to be a fiery eyes,and then she smirks,"Count,Don't lie anymore,I've done my research bout your shop and there are accounts that said that you did sold some of your customers mythical creatures such as Kirin,Medusa and so much more.So please,don't act like you know nothing at all because nothing disgusts me is to see people lying." she said in a cold manner.

The Count stares at Rachel who is also staring at him,it seems to be a glaring competition and whoever lost their gaze first is a loser,but then,D just yielded on Rachel's request.

"You're right Rachel,i do have pet such as what you're looking for,but i want you to know that the creature chooses their master,if you're not chosen,I am sorry,i cannot do anything about it." D said in a humorless tone.

"I understand.So where is my precious animal Count D?" Rachel said in glee.

The Count takes her to a another room,this is one more huge than the other they've entered.The door is made by gold and painted with red with carved dragons as a design.Rachel compliment the fashion style of D but then she decided to ignored it at the same time.