«Chapter 11; WTF»

"Ally!" I shout loudly when I see her in corridor and she turns around to give me a quick wave and then points to Toby and mouths 'sorry'.

I jog for the first time in my entire life to catch up to them and then pull her out of Toby's grasp.

"You can wait." I push him back and he tries to suppress a laugh.

"Who do you think you're pushing love?" He leans down and I pull away slightly.

He makes me gag.

He walks away with his friends and nods to Ally as he goes and waits outside the school doors.

"What? This better be good because I'm going to get stick for that." She sighs and I try to ignore how she's made to feel bad for spending ten seconds with her best friend.

"You slept with him?" I whisper-shout at Ally and she frowns and then let's out a laugh.

"Haven't we established that already?" She laughs.

"I'm not talking about Toby you twat! I'm talking about Ashton!"

Her face pales and she pulls her hand out of my grasp.

"How the hell do you know that?" She says angrily.

"How do you think? I can't believe you didn't tell me about this Ally!" I shout at her.
The school is pretty much empty considering everyone has gone home so lucky for her there's no audience.

"Why would I Freya? You would judge me! It was a long time ago and it's not even important anymore. Toby is waiting for me-" she tries to run away but I grab her arm again.

"Does Toby know?" I whisper and she sighs.

"Yes he knows. It was when we was broken up, you know I'd never cheat. Why do you think he hates me being around Ashton so much? It was a one time thing and it was a mistake so let it go!"

"Ally! Stop lying to me! Ashton told me everything, I can't believe you didn't tell me you were banging him for over three months while I thought you were so cut up over Toby! I wouldn't judge you, I just wish you wouldn't lie."

"Please please please let this go Freya. I love Toby, I really do and I don't want to bring this up around him because he thinks it was just once."
Her desperation shocks me as she stares at me in almost tears, her green eyes glowing underneath the lights.

I sigh.

"Okay Ally, I'll let it go. But you shouldn't have to be sorry considering you didn't cheat and he's done it so many times. You're allowed to do what you want you know? Toby doesn't deserve to control your every movement."

"Please Freya, I know you hate him but I need you to just let everything go for once. Worry about yourself, that's more important right now. Text me later, I love you okay? Always."

She smiles and kisses my cheek and then runs off, Toby possesivly putting his arm around her shoulders and pulling her in tightly.

"That was an awkward chat to overhear." Luke's voice shocks me and I hold my stomach in fear.

"You scared me you prick!" I say and he looks down to my hand which is laid flat on my belly.

"Mothers instinct." He whispers as he comes towards me and smiles.

"Yeah." I say.

The moment is so special that it almost makes me want to cry and Luke brings me in for a tight hug as his hand reaches down in the same position and covers mine.

We pull back after a few seconds and laugh awkwardly.

"Don't tell anyone what you heard." I point my finger at him and he holds his hands up.