Chapter 32; Baby Scan

Following the whole ordeal of last week, this week has surprisingly been less dramatic. We never went back to the campsite after what happened, deciding it probably wasn't the best idea to be drinking and getting high in a random forest, so Luke and Michael came back with all the stuff once he was sobered up.

None of us have heard too much from Ally but that's mostly because she's been focused on Toby, when I called her mom to ask her if she was home she insisted she's been staying with Toby ever since he got out of hospital and I don't blame her.

I've pretty much spent the majority of my time with Luke and we've had countless conversations on what we should call baby seeing as we're picking the name.
I've got my scan today and Luke's coming with as well as the baby's adoptive parents and I know we're gonna get asked what to Call it.

"LJ." Luke had insisted for the hundredth time since the topic was brought up.

"Clayton." I had fought back.

Honestly though, I didn't know what I wanted to call him but I was sure it wasn't going to be fucking LJ.

"Where you off to Hun?" Mom asks as I reach the bottom of the stairs, ready to go since I'm running late.

"Scan. Luke's dropping me off so don't worry about taking me." I smile, walking past her.

Before I can leave she grabs my arm.

"Be careful." She nods and I roll my eyes.

"I'm not going to overdose mother, I don't take drugs." I laugh.

Ever since what happened to Toby, all our moms have been extra paranoid because they found out about it. My mom spent almost two hours lecturing me on who I should be friends with and why this could affect me as a person. She even went as far as to say Ally wasn't good for me if she does things like that. It took me another half hour to convince her that Ally didn't know Toby did drugs.

"You know I naturally worry Freya, it's my job. You'll understand soon." She sighs, repeating herself for the hundredth time.

I nod at her, reassure her once again I'll be fine and then leave the house when I hear Luke pull up outside and I scurry out, relieved to get into his car.

"Hey babe." He mutters, sunglasses covering his eyes despite the fact that it's not even that sunny.

"Hey, what's going on? Why are you trying to be a dude?" I giggle and Luke turns round to glare at me, except his glasses cover his eyes.

"I've got an allergic reaction." He mumbles, seeming embarrassed about it.

"Okay...what to? Take them off, you look like a knob." I say, pulling them off his face.

"No it's too embarrassing." He puts his head in his hands on the steering wheel.
It's a good job we're not driving at this rate.

"Luke shut up!" I laugh hitting him lightly on his arm.

"Alright fine. Basically my mom was teaching me how to put a nappy on and I had an allergic reaction to the baby wipes." He says, scrunching his face up as if it's the most embarrassing thing.

Honestly, it's cute as hell. I can't imagine Luke sat there trying to hard to put a nappy on a baby. He would get so impatient with the fact he couldn't do it right, I can just imagine.

"You're a bigger drama queen than bloody Ally." I strap my seatbelt up and leave the conversation at that.

It's cute he's practicing but I can't help thinking about how we're not actually going to have to change the baby.