Chapter 27; Fallout

It's like an atomic time bomb ticking at lunch the next day. Seeing as both Ally and I's only friends are the boys, we still sit there, avoiding conversation as if it's the plague and barely even glancing at each other.
The atmosphere is awkward and the tension thick, even Calum and Ally aren't speaking and that's a first.
Ally didn't say anything apart from hi when she sat down for the first time at lunch and the boys looked shocked but contained it, keeping their questions to themselves.
I feel a jab in my side and turn to glare at Ally, only to see that she's already giving me 'the look' as if to beg me to get out of here. Instead of making it into a big scene I just give her a sly nod and we attempt and fail to sly away secretly.

"Where are you going Ally? Back to your dads to hide for another month?" Ashton's voice says, shocking the both of us into stopping our bum shuffling.

"Excuse me?" Ally mutters awkwardly.

"You heard him." Calum defends Ashton and Ally's face drops at her best friends betrayal.

"No, we're just going to sit at another table. Sorry we bothered you guys." I mutter, hoping to pull Ally out of the awkward situation we're both in.

"Avoiding your problems once again huh Freya?" Luke pipes up now.

"Coming from you!" I exclaim, pointing in accusation.

Ally pulls down my hand and gives me a look to back down.

"Oh here we go, queen Ally has commanded you stop talking to us, so off you pop." Luke says sarcastically, earning a loud laugh from Michael.

"What the hell Luke? I'm trying to protect her from the stress of an argument considering she IS pregnant." Ally defends herself and Luke scoffs.

"Don't pretend like you care about anything other than yourself Ally." Ashton glares at her and she stands up fully, me following after her.

"Considering I was going through a really rough patch and none of you noticed because you're all so self absorbed, I think it's a bit hypocritical calling me that." Ally finally snaps and Ashton looks up with a sneer.

"Hard time meaning downing xanax after xanax. Yeah yeah okay, more like you're so up yourself that you have to make yourself problematic so people care." Ashton snaps back and I gasp.

I don't know where this mean strike in him has come from but I can tell he's just putting Ally off even more than she already is.

"Don't speak to her like that Ashton. If you had a problem, we'd never degrade it." I almost shout, trying not to draw attention to us but still getting my point across.

"Stop being such bum buddies for one minute, it's getting old." Calum groans.

Me and Ally exchange a look and begin to walk off again.

"Bitches." I hear someone say under their breath.

I can tell Ally hears it too when she launches over to their table.

"I don't care what you think about us but do not disrespect us. For the past year we have been friends and both of us have supported you with your music and your choices and help you with your problems and yet you have the nerve to sit there and disrespect us. This is the image you want imposing on your child huh? Absurd." Ally shakes her head.

"Oh please give up the bullshit act. Supported me with what problems? The only one I have is you." Ashton fires back, standing up now.

"Don't worry Ashton, that problem was solved the minute you showed your true colours. It's lovely knowing who you really are." Ally's voice breaks a little which to her disadvantage, shows her upset at the situation.