Chapter 29; Lamars

"This is a mug off." Luke says for the fifth time since we arrived.

His head rests on my shoulder as his hands lay flat on my stomach, caressing the baby as we do Lamar's breathing and all that shit.

Today is the first Pilates class I've been to and Luke and I only went as a joke and took the piss half the time.

"Luke..." the woman says, dragging out his name in her degrading and irritating voice.

"Don't have a negative attitude otherwise the baby will feel negative vibes." She nods and Luke scoffs.

"How can the baby feel negative vibes? She's chatting shit." Luke attempts to whisper but his voice is loud and the lady lets out a awkward cough and walks away.

"You are such a prick." I laugh, swatting at his chest.

"This is fucking boring. If I wanted to embrace your tummy I could just do that at home." He groans.

"Because It's our parental bonding experience."

At this point even I'm chatting shit. I know I'm here but I wasn't expecting it to be this dead and I can't really be fucking bothered.

After forming a sneaky plan of action between us, quietly so we don't destroy the other pregnant woman's vibes, we try to creep out without anyone noticing. But of course the bitchy instructor catches us the minute we begin to shuffle.

"Na uh you two, you aren't getting out of it that easy." She laughs, standing by and guarding the door as Luke and I share a glance of despair.

For fucks sake.

+++

When Luke drops me off at my house, even thinking of being inside by myself makes me want to hurl. I don't know what it is about being pregnant that makes me so needy but I literally can't be by myself.

"I can come with if you want." Luke suggests, his usual worried look taking over.

"No no. You go to soundcheck. I'll be fine." I sigh, trying to sound the least bit convincing but he sees right through me.

"Call Ally to hang out, she can help you get ready. And if you can convince her, please get her to come." Luke begs.

"I can't just call Ally, she'll be with Toby and one hundred percent he won't let her go."

Ever since Toby and Ally broke up we somehow grew closer, spending more and more time together and talking about things but now she's back with him I'm afraid everything will change, especially now that she's got beef with the boys.

"I don't think Ally really listens to what people tell her to do. If you convince her, she'll come. I just want to resolve this beef." Luke sighs.

"How do you think I feel? She's my bestest friend and she's understood everything for me but I find it soooo hard to accept Toby. It draws a line between our friendship because I can't get my head around it."

By now the tears have started welling up and Luke has hold of my hand and is squeezing it right and holding it in his lap.

"I know, I understand. He's not the best boy I've come across but if she loves him and he's half decent enough for her to stay then there's nothing we can do." Luke shrugs.

"I guess."

"But, we can do something about the beef between her and the boys." Luke finishes.

"Like what?"

"Like this gig. She may be angry but she's proud of us and she'd hate to miss it. Plus imagine her missing out on something this important to Calum, it's just not going to happen mate." Luke states.