Chapter 22; Friends oo la la shoo la la

"Ashton's going to a frat party tonight." Ally states out of nowhere while we're munching away at our Tangy Cheese Doritos.

We decided to watch a movie but halfway through it there's been a power cut in Ally's street and for that reason we're sat in candlelight eating chips and talking.

"Why aren't you going with him?" I frown, hoping the answer isn't because of me.

"Because... I'm barely 16 and he's 18 and most probably doesn't want my company when there's girls his age there." She sighs, seeming uninterested in the topic but I know it's just a front.

"He wouldn't cheat on you Ally, come on. He's wanted you for ages, he's not going to fuck it up now when he had the chance to get with other girls all the time you were with Toby." I reassure her.

"First of all, it wouldn't be cheating because Ashton and I aren't official and we won't ever be because we made a decision to keep this off labels. Second of all, well, that's it."

"Ally come on, labels or no labels you'd be pissed off if he got with another girl and I wouldn't blame you for that."

"No I doubt I'd be pissed off. But he's going out tonight and if he does it then-"

"You two are done? Because you're not letting him treat you the same way Toby did okay? Labels or not, you and him like each other and it's not just about the sex especially for him."

"You're right. We're going to that party." She stands up off the bed as I look at her wide eyed, my face stuffed with Doritos and cheese flavour all round my mouth.

"That's not what I said Ally."

"It's what you initiated. Call Luke and get him to gather Cal and Mikey. Ashton's mine and those damn college girls better know it."

////////////////////////

Oh my days.
I can't believe Ally has dragged me to this god awful party.
There's people smoking everywhere, not only tobacco but weed. The stench of beer is strong on my nostrils despite the fact I can clearly see that half the party are holding bottles of vodka to themselves.

"I'm pregnant Ally." I scold her and Luke hums by my side in agreement.

"Freya just because you're knocked up, doesn't mean you can't have fun." She rolls her eyes, sat firmly on Calum's shoulders, not so subtly looking out in the crowd for Ashton.

"There are other ways to have fun. Like watching a DVD or a takeaway." I moan, holding on to Luke's arm when a girl shoves past me.

Ally scoffs and taps Calum's head.

"Who the fuck watches DVDs anymore Freya you fossil. Calum let me down love, I can see him."

Once Ally is placed down she leans up and whispers something in Calum's ear before swerving through the crowd to go and find Ashton.

Michael fucks off somewhere with Calum, both of them murmuring something about "getting baked". Which leaves Luke and I awkwardly by the front door.

"So..." Luke trails off.

"I want to go home.. I'm fucking five months pregnant, what is wrong with Ally?" I groan once again, literally feeling my hormones start to take control of my emotions as anger courses through me.

"Calm down. We can go home if you want. Back to mine. A DVD and a takeaway?" He winks.

My heart reaches out to him, it honestly does but him winking makes me feel so uncomfortable that it's sickening.

"No Luke. I can't just ditch her." I sigh, realising I'm moaning about something I can't change and am wasting my time.

"Come on Frey, Ash won't let anything happen to her. Let's just go, this isn't really my scene anyway. Parties are shit because I can't get with anyone." His eyes widen when he realises what he's said and he immediately is hot on my trail as I storm away.