Chapter 7

Ludwig and Feli quickly ran to find the others to tell them about their becoming a couple. They all gathered in the quiddich field.

"What is this about, potato bastard?" Lovino said angrily.

"Watch your language, you bloody brat!" Arthur said angrily at the Italian.

"Why should I?"

"Please just shut up and let Germany-kun and Italy-kun speak," Kiku said, highly irritated that those two were interrupting his friends.

"Thank you, Kiku," Ludwig said. "We have some important news,"

Feli started shaking. What would they all think? What would his brother think? What would Francis, Antonio and Gilbert think? Suddenly feeling very nervous, he clung to Ludwig's arm, refusing to let go.

Ludwig looked at the Italian clinging to his arm, and said, "excuse us for a moment."

Lovino didn't like this. He knew his brother very well, and he rarely got this nervous over anything. He looked at Antonio, who happily smiled at him. The spaniard leaned over to whisper to him.

"Hey, what do you think they want to tell us?" Antonio asked.

"I don't know," Lovino said honestly. "But I'm worried about my idiot fratello. He rarely gets so nervous,"

"I'm sure it's nothing bad," he looked at Feliciano. He, along with the other nations that had been in the defense against the dark arts class, were all still very worried about the Italian. Francis had felt very guilty, because he didn't know that Feli had been so close to Holy Rome. He and Gilbert tried to comfort the Frenchman as best they could, but it didn't help very much.

After a couple minutes, Feliciano and Ludwig turned back to them. Feliciano stepped forward.

"We have something very important to tell you," he looked at Ludwig nervously, before turning back to the others. "Ludwig and I are a couple!"

They all stared. After a couple seconds of silence, almost everyone started smiling. Kiku and Gilbert smiled the most out of them all.

"We're so happy for you, Italy-kun and Germany-kun!" Kiku said, happily running up to his friends and hugging them. Gilbert followed him, grabbing both Feli and Ludwig in a bear hug.

"Welcome to the family, Ita!" Gil loudly cheered. Others soon followed, hugging them and congratulating them. Kiku took many pictures to remember the occasion.

Antonio looked around and noticed that something was off. Someone that was there before wasn't there anymore.

"Where'd Lovi go?"

___________________________

Toni looked around for the other Italian. He didn't know why Lovino had left before even talking to his brother. Wasn't he happy for them? Toni knew that Lovi wasn't exactly the fondest of Ludwig, but he could at least congratulate Feli.

While looking for Lovi, Toni bumped into a duo of redheads.

"So sorry about that," Toni said.

"No problem," the twins said in unison. As Antonio looked up to them, he could see that they were the Weasley twins, Fred and George.

"Anyway," said George. "What're you up to?" 

"Well, I'm looking for my friend, Lovino Vargas,"

"He's the angry Italian, right?" Asked Fred.

"Si, but I can't find him anywhere," Toni sighed.

The duo grinned at each other. "We have something that might help," they said in unison.

"Really?! Gracias, mi amigos!"

Fred reached into his robes and pulled out what looked like a map. He unfolded it, and Toni stared curiously. He took out his wand, pointed it at the map, and said, "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good,"

Suddenly, there were footprints and names moving around on the map.

"Wow..."

"Cool, huh?" Said George. "You said you were looking for Lovino, right?" The spaniard nodded, as George looked carefully on the map.

"Found him!" He said a minute later. "He's in the back of the library,"

"Gracias," Toni said, running for the library.

__________________________

Toni finally made it to the library fifteen minutes later. He searched for a couple minutes, before finding Lovino hiding behind one of the bookshelves.

He sat down next to the Italian, trying to wrap an arm around him. The angry Italian pushed it away from him.

"What's wrong, Lovi?" Asked Toni.

"Nothing, now get away from me, jerk bastard," Lovi turned away, causing Antonio to worry more.

"Lovi, please tell me,"

"Shut up, you bastard! Why the hell do you care, anyway?!"

"Because you are my friend, now, please tell me," Lovino sighed. He didn't want to tell Antonio. He knew that it wasn't good to hide all of his emotions, but he didn't care. He knew that he had no choice, though. He turned to face Toni and leaned on the bookshelf.

"I'm worried for Feli," he said. "I'm worried that he'll get to attached to someone that might betray him one day, that he might have to hurt, or worse...that might leave him,"

Antonio sadly looked into Lovi's eyes. "...is this because of Holy Rome?"

Lovi froze, looking utterly horrified. He calmed down and turned away from the spaniard, staring at the ceiling.

"All those years ago, when I reunited with Feli, he wouldn't stop crying. He kept on talking about this person called 'Holy Rome', kept on crying about how he 'didn't keep his promise', and, well..." He paused. He took a few deep breathes before continuing.

"When I met Ludwig, when I saw how much Feli cared about him, I couldn't help but imagine my brother crying over the person that left him...that broke their promise...and I didn't want him getting hurt again,"

"That's why you hate Ludwig so much?" Toni asked, both extremely touched and extremely worried. He never knew that Lovi cared so deeply for Feli.

"I don't hate him, I just...don't want Feli to get hurt again..."

Antonio stared at Lovino. He smiled. "You really care about Feli, don't you?"

"Of course I do, jerk bastard! He's my brother!" Lovino grabbed a nearby book and hit Antonio with it. Antonio laughed, lifting his hands to his face to block Lovi's hitting. Lovino put down the book, making Antonio relax.

"Also..." Lovino continued. "I was a bit...jealous,"

"Jealous?"

"Yeah, jealous!" Lovino snapped. "Jealous that Feli gets all of the attention, jealous that he can do everything better than me, jealous that people actually care about him!"

"People care about you too, Lovi," Antonio said.

"And you know what?" Love said, ignoring Antonio. "I care about some of them so much, but they always like Feli better! I guess no one likes second best..."

"Do you care about me?" Toni asked.

"Of course I do, bastard! I love you!" Lovino, realizing what he said, felt his cheeks go red. "B-but I don't care about you that much, jerk bastard..."

Antonio pulled Lovino towards him and kissed him on the cheek. Lovi's face went an even darker shade of red.

"I love you too, Lovi!" Toni smiled, hugging Lovino. Lovino wrapped his arms around Antonio's torso, burying his face in Antonio's robes.

Once they separated, Antonio started laughing.

"You're face looks like a tomato!"

"SHUT UP, JERK BASTARD!!"

_________________________