Chapter 13

Alfred, Matthew, Feli and Antonio sat in the Gryffindor common room. Matthew was reading, Alfred and Toni were talking about food, and Feli was drawing a picture of pasta. Everything was peaceful in the common room, until Ron suddenly yelled.

"OY!" Ron yelled, seizing his bag as Crookshanks, Hermione's cat, sank his claws in it and began tearing ferociously. "GET OFF, YOU STUPID ANIMAL!"

Ron tried to pull the bag away, but Crookshanks clung on, spitting and slashing.

The four nations stared at the strange sight unfolding in front of their eyes. They all wondered what to do.

"CATCH THAT CAT!" Ron yelled as Crookshanks freed himself from the remnants of the bag, sprang over the table, and chased after Scabbers, Ron's pet rat.

"Should we help him?" Matthew asked.

"Nah, let's just enjoy the show!" Alfred laughed.

George lunged towards Crookshanks but missed; Scabbers streaked through twenty pairs of legs and shot beneath so an old chest of drawers. Crookshanks skidded to a halt, crouched low on his legs, and started making furious swipes beneath was it with his front paw.

Feli picked up Crrokshanks and gave him to Hermione.

"Here you go," Feli said cheerfully.

"Thank you, Feli," she said.

Tony grew himself onto his stomachs and, with difficulty, pulled Scabbers out by the tail.

As Ron and Hermione argued, Alfred laughed.

"That was so funny!"

"Al, don't laugh. Scabbers could've been hurt. You wouldn't like to see an animal hurt, would you?" Matthew asked sternly.

"Of course not! I love animals!" Alfred pulled out his phone and showed Matthew a picture of him with his cat. "See?"

"There's something off about that rat," Toni said. "I can't put my finger on what, but something just seems off,"

"Let's just leave before that happens again," Matthew said. They all left the Gryffindor common room.

_________________________

The four of them walked down the hallway.

"I'm telling you, there's something weird about Scabbers!" Antonio continued.

"What do you mean?" Feli asked.

"I don't know how to explain it, but something about that rat feels off to me,"

"I agree," Alfred said. "There's definitely something weird going on,"

"What are you talking about?" Feli was confused. What was wrong with Scabbers? He seemed like a perfectly normal rat.

"Scabbers is way to intelligent for a rat," Alfred said. "And it also acts slightly human,"

"That's not that unusual for animals, Al," Matthew said.

"That's true, but there's still something off about it,"

"Let's just forget about it, okay?" Feli asked.

"Sure, for now,"

__________________________

The four of them sat in potions class. Professor Snape was trying to teach them but loud snoring interrupted him. He turned to see Alfred sleeping on his desk. Matthew sighed. Snape walked up to Alfred and Matthew's desk.

"Mr. Williams," Snape started. "Would you mind waking your brother?"

"Of course, sir," Matthew grabbed a book and whacked Alfred on the head with it.