Chapter 8

Arthur walked around the classroom, handing out tests to the Gryffindors and Slytherins.

"Um, sir?" Draco said. " can someone do the writing for me?"

Draco had gotten hurt during Hagrid's first care for magical creatures class. His arm had been hurt very badly when he had angered a Hippogriff and he had to go to stay the hospital wing. His arm was now in a sling.

"Why?" Arthur said.

"Because my arm is in a sling, sir," he replied.

"So? You have another hand, don't you?"

Draco stared in disbelief, as Harry, Ron, and Alfred chuckled. Alfred knew that Arthur hated Malfoy, but he didn't think he would still make him write when his arm was in a sling.

Arthur sat down in his chair and took out an old book about extinct magical creatures.

He glanced at Draco, smirking to himself. He knew that he was being unfair, but Draco was such a brat, he didn't feel bad at all. He turned to look at Alfred and Matthew and smiled. They had been doing very well in their classes. He expected that Matthew would do a good job, but Alfred surprised him.

He than looked at Feli and Antonio. They seemed to be much happier than usual. He had been worried about Feli because of what he had heard about the  defense against the dark arts class, but it was surprisingly his new favorite. It was care for magical creatures, but after the first lesson it, as Alfred put it, "was totally not heroic anymore!".

He heard shuffling and saw that a few people were done with their tests. The people who had finished were Hermione, Matthew, and Antonio. Hermione had pulled out a book about werewolves, Matthew was doodling on a spare piece of paper he had, and Antonio was trying to balance his wand on his nose.

Arthur smiled to himself and went back to reading

_________________________

The golden trio and Arthur walked down the halls.

"Are you sure that it's nothing?" Harry asked Arthur.

"Yes. Every year Trelawny predicts that a student will die, but they never do."

"How do you know?" Ron asked. "you've only started teaching here this year!"

"I know because when I was studying here at about your age, I was the one she predicted would die,"

She did. He was sitting next to Scotland, or as everyone else knew him, Allistor, when Trelawny predicted that he would die. His older brothers went on a full-on rampage. They wouldn't let him out of their sight. He thought it was pointless, since they were countries, but they thought it was necessary.

"And," Arthur continued. "I don't look dead, do I?"

Harry visibly relaxed, making Arthur smile a bit.

Suddenly, Yao was next to them.

"Hello!" He said.

"Hey there, Yao," Ron said.

"Hey, Harry," Yao started. "Quiddich try outs are tomorrow, right?"

"Yep," Harry said enthusiastically. He was ecstatic that the transfer students were so excited about quiddich. "You all are trying out, right?"

"Yep!" Yao smirked confidently. "I'm sure I'll make it,"

Harry smiled. He was more than sure that they all would make it. He had seen them practicing from time to time, and even helped out sometimes. They all were very good at it, and they hadn't started actually started playing quiddich yet.

"By the way," Yao looked at Harry. "We all would like it if you would help us practice today,"

"Oh, of course," Harry said happily. "Can Ron and Hermione watch?"

"Sure! See you later, aru!" Yao ran off, waving. Harry waved back, smiling.

_________________________

Harry stood in the quiddich field next to Arthur, facing the transfer students.

"Alright." Arthur started. "Today, you are going to be playing a real game of quiddich. You all are going to be playing against us."

Harry froze. All of them? Against him and Arthur? They were totally outnumbered. Arthur could see that Harry was nervous, so he added, "you might be able to beat us."

"You know the rules, right?" Harry asked. They all nodded. "Good. So I don't have to explain. Well, who are the beaters?" The Vargas brothers raised their hands. "Seeker?" Alfred raised him hand. He continued until he was done.

"Alright." Arthur said. "Ron, would you do the honor of starting the game?" Ron nodded and ran over to the chest that contained the golden snitch, as well as the other balls.

He carefully opened it, quickly tossed the quaffle, and yelled "Begin!".

They all sped off, going separate ways. Alfred and Harry immediately went to find the golden snitch. The Vargas brothers went to make sure none of them got hurt by one of the bludgers. The rest all went for the quaffle.

Arthur was the one to catch the quaffle first. He sped towards the hoops and threw it, but Kiku caught it and flew to the other side of the court and threw it in the other hoops. Arthur smirked to himself. 'I might actually have to seriously try against them,' He quickly got the quaffle back and flew to the hoops on the other side of the field and threw it in.

They continued for a while. The score was 500 - 300 in Arthur and Harry's favor. Arthur proved that he was a force to be reckoned with. After Arthur scored his next point, the others started to get mad.

Arthur, before he knew it, had the quaffle snatched from under his nose by Ivan, who rushed as fast as he could to the hoops and threw it through and got another hundred points.

After a short while, Arthur and the others were tied, 800 - 800. Harry and Alfred hovered, carefully searching for the golden snitch.

Harry turned his head to look around the field for it, but when he turned to look at Alfred, he was gone. Harry frantically searched for him, and found him chasing the golden snitch close to the ground. He sped towards the golden snitch, trying to catch it.

Soon, he and Alfred were side by side chasing after the snitch. Alfred started going faster. He wanted to win so bad, and victory was close enough for him to taste. He was going to win.

Harry reached forward, desperately trying to grab the snitch. He was flying as fast as he could, and reaching farther than he thought he could, yet he couldn't catch it.

Alfred reached for it as well. His blonde hair waved in front of his eyes, somewhat clouding his vision, but he could still see the snitch. His hand slowly reached past Harry's, but before he knew it, he was tumbling onto the ground.

He could feel himself bruising, and felt that there was a small cut on his forehead with a small drop of blood trickling down his now dirt covered face.

Everyone stopped and went to him. Arthur and Matthew sat next to him, sitting him up. Harry looked worriedly at Alfred's body, which was covered in bruises and cuts. He felt bad. He had started getting competitive, and now he was lying there almost unconscious.

"Alfred," Arthur said. "Alfred, can you hear me?"

Alfred's eyes slowly opened. He opened his mouth and lightly chuckled. He held up his hand and opened it.

"I caught it,"

__________________________

A/N: hey! The new chapter is up! I hope you enjoy it! I'm thinking about adding another ship in the series. Do you think I should? Also, from now on, updates are going to be every other week instead of every week, but I'm going to try to make the chapters longer. See ya next time!