Chapter 29 (12k READS!!)

Kiku opened his eyes slowly, squinting as the sudden light blinded him. Where was he again? It took him a second, but he remembered that he was in Arthur's class. He looked around and saw everyone staring down at a test. He looked down and saw his own test on his desk. Oh yeah, he had finished it. He got up and handed the piece of paper to Arthur. The blonde smiled up at him.

"How was the nap?" Arthur asked with an amused tone.

"It was alright," Kiku said, giving a small grin in return.

He turned and saw Lovino fuming at his early completion of the test, Ludwig focusing on making sure he got everything right, and Luna staring off into space. He let a small chuckle escape his mouth.

"What now?" Kiku asked the blonde professor.

"You can have a free period until your next class,"

"Hai sir,"

Kiku exited the classroom. What to do now? He supposed that he could go to the library or the Quiddich field, or maybe just take a walk around the castle. He decided to go to the library. Maybe he could study for his next test.

As he walked down the long corridors of Hogwarts, he thought about his family. He had been feeling very homesick for a while, which was unusual. But every time he thought of Hong Kong or Taiwan or South Korea or Vietnam, his heart clenched. He missed them. He had spent longer amounts of time away from them before, but for some reason their absence really made him feel...lonely. He wanted to see them, but he doubted that Arthur wanted any nations to worry about.

As he sat in the library, trying desperately to study, his mind somehow always drifted back to his family. How were they? Were they alright? Were they getting along? He couldn't help but feel an emptiness as he thought about his siblings. They could be annoying, and loud, and they would fight constantly, but having all of that noise replaced with silence was even worse than any sounds his siblings could make. It was alarming. Unnatural. Scary.

"Are you alright?" Kiku looked up and saw Ludwig standing on the other side of the table he was sitting at. He had a concerned look on his face.

"Hai, I'm fine. Why do you ask?" Kiku replied.

"You looked upset,"

Ludwig sat down across from his black haired friend, who stared at him. Ludwig had been acting strange since they woke up, and Kiku was concerned.

"Are you alright?" Kiku asked.

"Actually...I need to talk to you about something..."

"What is it, Ludwig-kun?"

"...it's about Gilbert,"

____________________

Kiku watched from the Ravenclaw table as Ludwig explained the situation to Feliciano, who had a horrified look on his face. He still couldn't believe it. Gilbert had always seemed...invincible. His country had fallen, sure, but he still stood as tall as ever. He still acted like he was the best, and all of that confidence convinced everyone that he was fine. But he wasn't. He was getting weaker and weaker.

He saw Ludwig walking back towards the Ravenclaw table. He sat across from Kiku, who gave him a sympathetic look. Ludwig sighed. He seemed...scared. Seeing him so obviously worried made Kiku very concerned.

"He'll be alright," Kiku said. "He always is,"

"...yeah," Ludwig replied softly. "He's...he's gonna be fine..."

Lovino sat next to Kiku and gave Ludwig a death glare. Kiku realized that he had probably seen Ludwig and Feli talking and assumed something.

"What were you two talking about, potato bastard?" Lovi asked angrily.