Chapter 9

Gilbert quickly ran down the halls to find his friends. He found Antonio and Francis first.

"Guys!" Gilbert loudly yelled. "We all made it on the quiddich teams!"

The other two got very excited. Antonio started jumping up and down.

"This is great! I'm so happy~!" Toni cheered.

"Oui, this is great news!" Francis said happily.

"I'm gonna go tell the others!" Gilbert ran off to tell the other nations, smirking.

The next person he ran into was Kiku.

"Kiku! We all made it onto the quiddich teams!"

"N-nani?" Kiku said surprised by the sudden screaming coming from the Prussian.

"Quiddich! You're one the team! I'm on the team! Everyone is on a team!"

Kiku's confused and surprised face was replaced with one that was smiling.

"That's great news, Gilbert-kun! I'm going to go tell Ludwig and Lovino!"

"Okay, I'm gonna go tell everyone else!"

They both ran off in opposite direction to spread the news.

_________________________

It had been fifteen minutes, and Gilbert had told almost everyone. They were all extremely happy. The last people he hadn't told were Alfred and Matthew.

Gilbert turned a corner and saw Alfred talking to Arthur.

"But dude, why can't I have a dragon?" Alfred whined.

"Because it would kill you without a second thought!" Arthur said angrily, as if if they have had this conversation before. "Not to mention everyone at hogwarts,"

Alfred angrily turned to storm off, but he saw Gilbert.

"Oh, hey dude!" Alfred smiled. "What is it?"

"We all got on the quiddich teams!"

Alfred was now smiling and jumping and screaming about how they got on the Quiddich teams.

"I'm very proud of you all," Arthur said. "How many of them know?"

"Everyone except for Matthew," Gilbert said. "Speaking of which, I'm gonna go tell him now, see ya!"

Gilbert ran off, leaving a hyper Alfred and a suffering Arthur behind.

_____________________

Gilbert sat at a bench, panting. 'I'm too old for this...'

"Are you okay, Gilbert?" He looked up to see Matthew.

"Ja, ja, I'm fine, just tired," he stood up, still panting slightly. "Hey, guess what?"

"Uh, what?"

"We're on the quiddich teams!"

Matthew's concern faded away and was replaced with joy. He hugged Gilbert.

"This is great!" Mattie said cheerfully.

Gilbert felt his face go red. 'What the hell?' Gil thought. 'Why am I blushing?'

Matthew let go of him and smiled. 'Wow, he's pretty cute...wait what?!'

"Well, I'm gonna go now, bye Gilbert!" Mattie ran down the halls, and soon was out of Gilbert's sight.

________________________

"Why did I think that?" Gilbert asked himself, staring out of a window.

"Think what?"

Gilbert nearly jumped off of the ledge and fell. He turned to see Francis looking concerned. 'I can't tell Francis,'

"It's nothing," he lied.

"Gil, we've been friends for a long time, I can tell when you're lying," Francis sat down opposite Gilbert. "Please tell me what's wrong,"

Gilbert sighed. "I guess there's no point in fighting you, is there?" He looked out of the window at the beautiful sunset. "It's about Matthew,"

"Mon petit? What about him?"

"I...think I have feelings for him,"

Francis stayed quiet for a few seconds. Gilbert glanced at Francis and saw that he looked slightly mad. 'Shit, he's mad! He's gonna kill me!'

"What makes you think that?" Francis asked calmly.

"It's just, when I was near him, I felt my heart racing, and I was really, really nervous," he looked over to Francis, who nodded for him to keep going. "And, well, I...think he's pretty cute, alright?"

Francis stared out of the window. "Gilbert, are you sure? I mean, I just..." He paused. "...don't want Matteiu getting hurt,"

"I would never hurt him,"

"Not intentionally, no, but what happens when you disappear completely, huh? You aren't a nation anymore,"

Gilbert winced at the last part. This was still a very sensitive topic for him. Actually, he had nightmares about it every night.

"Gil, I just-"

"I know."

They sat in silence for a couple minutes.

"Just go tell him," Francis suddenly said.

Gilbert stared in shock. "But, didn't you just-"

"I said go!" Francis took out his wand and started hitting Gilbert with it.

Gilbert got up and ran. He turned back to Francis, yelling "thanks Francy Pants!" Than dashed off to find Matthew.

_________________________

Gilbert soon came across Matthew. He ran up to the blonde and started walking next to him.

"Hey Gilbert," Mattie said.

"Hey," Gilbert happily replied. "I have a question for you,"

"Oh, what is it?"

Gilbert stopped and faced Matthew. Matthew also stopped and looked at him quizzically.

"Will you be my boyfriend?"

Matthew felt his entire face go red. 'Is hhe really asking me to be his boyfriend?' He thought. 'Of course he is, you idiot. He just said that'.

Gilbert and Matthew stared at each other, neither moving an inch. Matthew's face was still very red, and getting slightly redder every passing second.

"So, uh.." Gilbert awkwardly said. "What's your answer?"

"..."

"Uh, Mattie?"

"..."

"Maaaaaatiiiiiiie, helloooooo?"

"YES!"

Matthew hugged Gilbert, smiling and laughing. Gilbert stumbled backwards before getting his balance back. Matthew let go of Gilbert and smiled.

"I will be your boyfriend." He quickly kissed Gilbert on the cheek and ran off.

Gilbert put his hand on his cheek. He then jumped up and yelled "YES!!", then went to tell Francis and Toni the good news.

_________________________

A/N: Prucan has been added! 🎉🎉🎊🎊 as requested by DamBlueSeaweed . I hope you enjoyed this chapter! See ya!