Chapter 16 (A/N: 3k READS!!!)

Alfred stared at Harry from across the Gryffindor common room. He wanted so badly to tell Harry the truth, but he knew it would only cause problems. He wondered what Harry's parents looked like. Does he really resemble his father as much as everyone says? Does Harry really have his mother's eyes? Does he-

"Why are you staring at me?" Harry said.

Harry seemed to be a bit creeped out. 'Great job, Alfred,' he thought to himself sarcastically.

"No reason, it's just...just..." Alfred said, trying to think of something to say.

"It's just...?"

"You...really look a lot like your dad,"

"How do you know what he looked like?" Harry asked.

"Arthur...uh...showed me a picture of him! Yeah! They were really close friends, those two! Hehe,"

"Really? Can I see?"

'Shit' Alfred thought.

"Uh, sure! I-I'm sure Iggy would be glad to show you, hehehe,"

"Okay, thanks," Harry excitedly got up from his seat and ran to Arthur's office.

"H-hey, wait up!"

_________________________

Arthur sat peacefully in his office, quietly reading a book. He heard a quiet knocking on the door.

"Who is it?" He asked.

"Harry. May I come in?"

"Sure,"

Harry walked inside the office and stood in front of Arthur's desk. Arthur put the book down and turned his attention to Harry.

"Do you need something?" Arthur asked the scarred boy.

"Alfred informed me that you have pictures of my parents around here somewhere,"

"And you'd like to see them?"

"Yes please!"

Arthur looked around his office for the photos. Alfred was lucky that he actually had photos of them, otherwise he'd be in big trouble with Harry. He found the photos and walked over to Harry. He usually wouldn't show anyone, but he felt that he could-no, that he should show Harry.

"These are the photos?" Harry asked.

"Yes," he said. "Please be careful, these are very important to me,"

"I will," Harry confirmed, staring at the first photo. It was a picture of James, Lily and Arthur. They were all laughing, clad in winter clothes, throwing snowballs at each other. "You look very happy,"

"James and Lily were some of my closest friends," Arthur sadly smiled, looking at the picture moving. Harry moved on to the second picture. It was of James and Arthur, both wearing Quiddich uniforms. They were shaking hand, both smiling. He could see three men who looked older than Arthur and James dancing in the background, wearing the same Quiddich uniforms as Arthur.

"Professor, who are the people in the background dancing?

"Those are my older brothers,"

"Older brothers?"

"Yep."

The next picture was of Arthur, James, Lily and Arthur's older brothers. They were standing in front of Hogwarts and laughing.

"You all look very happy," Harry said.

Arthur silently stared at the picture. The next one was of Lily and Arthur. They were making a snowman using magic.

The one after that was of Lily and James. They were at a party, happily dancing together. Arthur's older brother Allistor (A/N: Allistor is Scotland's name in this fanfic. I don't remember if it's actually his name or not) could be seen ruffling Arthur's hair. His two other brothers were drunkenly stumbling around and laughing.

"Your older brothers are certainly interesting people," Harry laughed. Arthur chuckled.

"They're certainly something,"

They looked though the rest of the pictures quickly. After they looked at them all, Arthur put the pictures away.

"Thank you for letting me see the pictures, Professor Kirkland,"

"You're welcome. If you ever need anything, be sure to-"

"Hey dudes!" Alfred interrupted. "I lost ya dude, you're a fast runner!"

"Sorry Alfred," Harry replied.

"You two should probably get to your common room right now,"

"Right," Harry said, leaving the room.

"I'll be a minute dude, go on ahead!" Alfred walked over to Arthur. "You okay bro?"

"Yes, I'm fine."

"You sure?"

"Yes Alfred,"

Alfred stared in silence. He knew Arthur got really sad when he thought about James and Lily, and he worried. He knew that Arthur can handle himself, but he still needed to make sure he's okay. He smiled and silently left the room.

Arthur sighed. He walked outside of the office and went outside. He walked silently and sat down outside. He stared at Hogwarts. He remembered his first day going there. He remembered his older brothers telling him that he was gonna be an amazing wizard. He remembered meeting Dumbledore, Snape, Sirius, and James and Lily. He felt tears going down his face. He had moved on a long time ago, but he still felt sad. It wasn't like he could do anything about it, though.

"You okay?" Arthur turned around and saw Matthew.

"Matthew, what are you doing here?"

"I was walking to the common room and I saw you through the window. I got worried,"

"Don't worry, Mattie, I'm fine. You should go back to the common room,"

"I'd rather sit out here with you," Matthew said, sitting down next to Arthur.

"You're a great kid, Matthew,"

"Thanks,"

The two of them sat in comfortable silence. Arthur liked spending time with Matthew. He always knew just what someone needed, even if he didn't know what was wrong. He was the exact opposite of his twin, ironically. The two of them held a special place in Arthur's heart.

"How are you?" Arthur asked.

"I'm well," Mattie said. "You?"

"I think I'm alright,"

__________________________

Harry stared out of the window. Seeing the pictures of his parents and Arthur made him realize just how close they were. He was sure his father would be happy knowing that Arthur was teaching now.

"Hey Harry," Alfred said. "Can't sleep?"

"No, not really,"

Alfred sat down on his bed. He stared at the ceiling. He had never really thought about how different life was now than before he went to Hogwarts. He didn't think magic even existed, but he was at a school learning it (pretty damn well in his opinion).

"Yeah, me neither," Al replied. "Got a lot on my mind,"

"Yeah, so do I,"

"Life is strange, isn't it? Things you never thought would happen do happen, and things you thought would happen don't."

"Yeah," Harry sat down on his bed. "Tell Arthur I said thanks,"

"For what?"

"For showing me the pictures,"

________________________

A/N:  🎉🎉3k READS!!!!! 🎉🎉 HOLY SHIT!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!! Sorry for the late update, I was really busy. I hope you all like this chapter!! See ya!