Chapter 30 (13k READS!!!)

Ivan stared up at the ceiling of the Slytherin common room. He didn't know what time it was, but he assumed some time around 1:00 from looking out the window. He found that he was having a hard time sleeping lately. He hadn't slept well in...well...he didn't even remember the last time he slept well. He decided that if he couldn't sleep, might as well try to find something to do.

He sighed. He wished he could explore the forbidden forest or go to the library or something, but if he was caught going outside at this time, he'd get into major trouble (not to mention what Arthur would have to say). He just didn't wanna deal with getting in trouble. Plus, he had read almost every book in the library anyway.

He wondered how Belarus and Ukraine were doing. He couldn't really contact them, seeing as he had classes, Quiddich, homework, and he had to help watch Harry (plus Arthur had recently confiscated their phones, due to the fact that they were constantly playing apps or texting in class). He was sure that they were alright, though. They weren't as defenseless as some might think them to be. He knew that better than anyone.

He remembered his younger sister clawing at a locked door to get in so she could be with him. He was terrified at the time, and who could blame him? But, strangely enough, he was remembering it fondly. Sure, if Belarus were to chase him again he'd run like hell, but it really was funny in hindsight.

Despite her strange, Yandere-ish obsession with Ivan, she really was a great younger sister. Not many people got to see her when she's not crazily stalking or chasing her brother, so not many people would know that. She may be a bit psychotic, but she could be kind, and caring, just like a normal person. Though, to be fair, she could be pretty crazy too.

Ukraine was also a great sister. She was older, but there were definitely times where she acted immature (Ivan still has horrific flashbacks of when she said that "all you have to do is show them your boobs"). Still, she was very much so a mother figure to both Ivan and Belarus. For as long as either of them could remember, Ukraine had been caring for them, getting them clothes, making food, and so much more. While she had her...strange moments, Ivan couldn't imagine how different his life would be if she wasn't there for him and Belarus.

He couldn't help the large smile that had made its way across his face. His sisters were really important to him, and while they were certainly...eccentric, he wouldn't have it any other way. They had always been there to protect him, care for him, help him, and honestly, he knew that he would never be where he is without them.

He missed them.

He wondered how Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania were doing too. While he might not act like it, Ivan cared about them too. Obviously, those three wouldn't believe him if he said it, but it was true. He was hoping that Latvia hadn't found him vodka...kid had enough of an alcohol problem without getting into that stuff. He wondered if he should ask Lithuania and Estonia to confront him on his problem...well, it would probably be better if they didn't know how much Ivan really knew about them.

Ivan's smile grew even wider. Seeing those three so scared of him was so funny. He wondered how they'd react to Belarus chasing him around? They'd probably be terrified out of their minds. They'd probably think, 'Russia is scared of her?! What kind of a freak is she?!', or something like that.

His smile began to fade. He hadn't realized how much he really missed them until he thought about it. Not only that, but the last time any of them had spoken, he was running for his life away from Belarus, and scaring the crap out of Lithuania, Estonia, and especially Latvia. He couldn't even remember the last time he'd spoken to Ukraine...

It was strange, when he thought about it. Was the way he treated any of them wrong? Why didn't he ever just sit down and talk with any of them? Why did he run from them, or try to make them fear him? Though, to be fair, his relationship with Ukraine was pretty stable. Probably because he found that she was the easiest to talk to. Still, was the way he treated them unfair?

Was he...being cruel?

He so badly wanted to call all of them, if not to apologize, than just to hear their voices again. To know that they were doing well on their own (especially those three morons). He knew that they were probably just fine, but still, he felt like his emotions were beating his logic into the ground.

Every second he grew more worried. He tried so badly to rationalize his thoughts, to calm down, but he grew more and more frantic with every breathe. He wondered, were they okay? For all he knew, they could be having economic problems, terrorist attacks, wars, anything really. There would be no way for him to know if one of them had been...had...

When he felt a sudden hand on his shoulder, he spun around and punched the person in the face, sending him flying across the room. It took Ivan a second to realize what had happened. When he managed to piece together what had happened, he suddenly felt a sense of dread. He slowly got up and walked closer to the motionless frame on the ground, covered by books that had fallen off of the shelf he was kicked into. He really hoped he hadn't killed them. As he got closer, he began to recognize the person on the ground. The first thing he recognized was the grayish mess of hair. Then the piercing red eyes.

Oh god.

Ivan immediately rushed to Gilbert's side, recklessly throwing books off of the unmoving Prussian. Once he had gotten enough books off, he pulled him out from the rest of the stuff that had fallen and checked to see if he was alright. The albino lay unmoving, head bobbing back and forth as Ivan tightly grabbed his shoulders and schools him.

"Gilbert...? Gilbert, come on, wake up! Can you hear me?!" Ivan shouted. He was certain that he had woken up at least a few people already.

This was when he noticed the strange dark marks on the Germanic country's arm. He carefully lifted it up and pulled the sleeve down. His eyes widened. He felt the urge to gag just looking at the horrible bruised and beaten arm. Then something suddenly hit him about when he punched the Prussian boy...

...he didn't hold back.

Ivan felt his breathing stop. Oh god, what if he'd...no, there's no way. He reached his hand to the bruised and badly stitched up wrist of his friend to check for a pulse. He couldn't breathe. He couldn't believe this...it couldn't be happening...it just couldn't be...

...it just...couldn't...be...

_______________________

A/N: *dies because cliffhanger and 13k reads* THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!! Also, sorry for the cliffhanger. I couldn't resist. This chapter was supposed to go on, but this was just too tempting. See ya next chapter!