Chapter 2

Mai hid from the back as she tried to get a glimpse of the conquerors from the back. She eavesdropped their conversation.

"I see you have successfully conquered my dungeon. My name is Vinea, the Djiin of Sorrow and Isolation, with the ability to control water. Now, who shall I crown king or queen?"

The black magi just rolled his eyes. "Just pick the hag and move on."

Kougoku faced Judal with a mad tone and said "Thats not very nice to say!" Orally reprimanding the magi, Judal just shook his head in annoyance.

"Ah, as you wish, my magi."

Vinea declared. Magi? Mai thought. What's a magi? Certainly there were a lot of things Vinea never ever told her-- was this all a lie? that instant, she felt betrayed already.

Suddenly, From the sea creatures Mai was holding, one fell off and crawled to the center of the stage. "No!!" Mai violently whispered, but held back to the pillar where she was.

A squeaking sound attracted Judal and The 8th princess to turn to the corner where it came from. A little sea crap with sharp red eyes tight to bring them on a fight.

"Pshh..." Judal snickered. "What a fool." He mumbled and pointed his wand directly onto the sea creature, the tip of the red wand circling with magoi--

Mai advanced to Judal, adrenaline rushing. "STOP!!!" She screeched a battle cry, and body slammed Judal to end up in the ground.

Judal groaned, and kicked Mai off him in a flash. "What the hell was that!?" Judal eyed the girl, while Vinea started to eye Mai about to reprimand her.

The sea creature crept back to Mai's arms slowly. "Do anything you want, but don't hurt my friends!"

"Who are you?!" Judal screamed.

"Mai." Vinea's thick voice echoed over Mai's ears. She looked down, forcing tears to stop falling.

"I'm just so confused." She declared, head down, voice cracking. "Why have you lied to me, Vinea?"

Kougyoku felt pity, and dashed towards poor Mai, hugging her tight. "I know what you have been through. Want to go home with us?"

Mai wiped her hears off her face, and nodded shyly. As Vinea had chosen Kougyoku as the capturer, The three went off the collapsed building, Mai sighting her home crumble to nothingness.