Chapter 15

Before they knew it, above them was a thousand swords, crashing over the ground, stabbing the bricks and aiming at the lives of the teens. 

Casting a yellow borg over the team, Aladdin charged the dark magician.

"Har Har Infigar!!!" The scorching fire burned Dunya enough for the to clash onto the ground. Dunya landed with to feet on, a bit wobbly, and greatly angered. 

She charged to Aladdin, the Magi swiftly dodging her and her attacks. 

but she no longer aimed for the Magi. 

"Alibaba-kun!!!" 

Morgiana dashed through the blond, protecting him from the attack, her feet kicking Dunya away from the blond in the meantime. 

"You wretch!!!" Dunya gritted hr teeth. She charged the female, sword charging directly to her heart, the fanalis's reflex disabled. 

A cut arm flew over the sight. 

"H-Hakuryuu!!!!" 

Hakuryuu raged with pain, eyes open, stopping tears from flowing, gritting his teeth until it bled at the sight of his detached arm. 

Alibaba sunk and charged Dunya under, and uppercutted the sword aiming to Dunya, but was flicked of easily by her dark magic. 

"Har Har Rasas!" A beam of fire shot through Dunya, tumbling down the brick floor as she tried to stand with the burns. 

But something stopped her. 

Dunya.

"Why do you have to die?" 

Dunya no longer found the strength to stand up anymore. 

Before my eyes, I found Isaac slashed, hes blood shedding over me as I could hear my heart shatter. 

Was this... What really was supposed to happen...?

-----------------------

(Mai P.O.V)

I heard Dunya was taken to a safer room, as I sheltered myself from my room, clutching my uniform as I hugged my knees tight. 

What Aladdin did earlier...

Solomon's Wisdom...

Have I heard that before? 

I laid down the bed, looking at the ceiling. 

I closed my eyes, and opened them again. I guess becoming a better magi is harder than I thought. 

I swirled the rukh in my hands, the white butterflies fluttering around my fingers.

A knock came upon the door, and I wasn't even bothered to answer it. I was lost in my thoughts.

"Mai?" I heard Ja'far's calming voice. "Tomorrow, the ship will sail for you to Reim, alongside Aladdin and the others."

I never spoke. After a long pause, I stood up, still looking down, and said "What makes me so special? so special to become a magi?"

"What are you talking about?"

I sighed. "Aladdin can make things happen. You know, snapping Dunya back, shooting those flames. I don't even know the slightest thing about being one." 

I felt a hand touch my shoulder. "One day I long to see a girl, standing in front of a huge crowd, bowing to her." Ja'far seeped a smile. "I believe in you, Mai. You will be a great Magi soon." 

I nodded, as I ordered Ja'far to exit the room. 

I leaned over the window, sighting the starless night skies. 

Until I found myself inside a sack.

 I screamed, punching the sack as I felt myself exit the castle. However, shrieking hadn't helped me escape.