Chapter 24

--Still the Flash back--

"Chie-san!" I heard someone call fro behind me, a little girls voice, and turning around, I saw Hakuei, trying to chase her breath. 

I looked down her gently. "What's the matter, Hakuei-sama?"

"Please come with me!" Spoke Hakuei, holding my hand tight and pulling me towards her direction. 

I ran, following her pace bent forward, still keeping my grip intertwined to Hakuei's. "W-Where are we going? More importantly, where are you taking me?" I said, sweating.

"It's a secret!" She smiled, closing her eyes. We finally stopped at a big door, Hakuei stood out of the way, letting me in. 

"What's in here?" I said, pushing my hair back, looking away. "I don't deserve any gifts from you, Hakuei-sama."

"Don't be silly! Just go inside!" She pissed me inside and locked the door shut.

The room was dark, and it gave me chills up my spine. Dead silent, and only my footsteps were heard. I started to move forward, using my magic to light up the way. 

What i noticed was there were flower petals scattered over the floor. I thought of Hakuryuu playing with it and accidentally scattered it. Poor flower. 

I picket it up one by one as I also moved forward the path. Not any sooner, I reached the end of the room, still dark.

Suddenly, the lights began to shine above me, and the whole room was illuminated , and a sign appeared in front of the door. 

"Go inside here!" 

It looked like Hakuei's writings. Was this another silly skit? A prank?  A gift? I sighed, my heart a bit thumping as I swung open the door slowly--

The cold air suddenly began to touch my skin eerily, and looking up to the sky, I saw little drops of silvery cotton like rain drop to the floor. 

Snow! My face reddened, amazed by the sight. Again, wonderful snow! It has been years. 

"Chie-san." 

I shook upon hearing Hakuyuu's voice. Immediately, I bowed palms clasped. 

"I'm sorry but I'm afraid Gyokuen is not allowing me to play any further games with the future leader anymore--" 

Hakuyuu chuckled. "it's not that, Chie-san. Please, don't bow your head on me." 

I stood up, grasping my wand tight. 

"I've been itching to tell you this a long time ago." 

"I-I've been actually wanted to tell you something too. Please, let me be first so everything is clear." I looked down, rubbing my bare feet through the snow. " I'm Gyokuen's clone. This is why I never aged. I'm nothing compared to you." I couldn't let any more details that I wanted to shout fall from my lips for some scary reason. Somehow, it was blocked. 

"I know that, Chie-san. But it doesn't matter anymore!" Hakuyuu knelt down and held my cold pale hands. 

"I'm in love with you, Chie-san, from the very first day we met." He took a deep breath, and opened a red velvet mini box, revealing a diamond ring--

"Will you be my bride, and rule this empire alongside each other?" 

I know you don't remember that even happened, Hakuryuu. You were just a little boy, and I rarely appeared to you because I knew somehow deep inside you'd kill me for it. But yes, he did propose to me.

Of course, I said a bright, enormous, heartfelt yes. There was nothing better that I could ever imagine. So that day, we planned everything out, sorted the possibilities, and daydreamed of what life would come after our marriage--  except no marriage happened at all. 

"Chie darling~" Gyokuen called to me, my expression a bit scared. I've gone weaker when I was introduced to this love. 

"Come with me. this is very important."

But as soon as I came along with her words, she tied me up in chains and shackled me up tight until my whole pale skin bruised and ached. 

I screamed, shrieked, shouted, but none of them ever came out to my lips. It was all muffled, innocent sounds. 

"How many times do you have to get in my way, you useless fool!" Gyokuen pulled my hair, gnarling her lips. "But, thanks to you, you'll have to suffer even further. This was my plan all along, and you made it even better. You know, I like it when I see you cry. So, why don't you please me a bit?" 

I shrieked, my eyes welling up rivers of tears as I shook my head violently.

Gyokuen stoke a match, and glared at the source of orange light. "Actually, this will help me save the empires fees." She chuckled. "Since, there will be no marriage at all now. Hahahaha!!!!"

And so, as soon as she lit the match, she threw it away in the place where all used to be so happy, so nice, so...

Full of love. Now, It's burnt to ashes.