Chapter 18

(XXX P.O.V)

Both had ventured back to the opposite direction towards Sindria, while nobody dared to utter a word. 

Mai took a deep breath, and started to pick up a few words. 

"So, what's your name? You haven't told me yet, have you?" Mai turned her head over to the white haired, who was looking down as if disdained. 

"It's Chie. (Pronunciation: Chi-eh) "  

"Nice to meet you, Chie. So what's up? If you don't mind, could you tell em about your past? Or whatever you can tell me, if that's fine." Mai chuckled, walking down on the steep road. 

Chie nodded. "I'm Chie. I reside in the Kou empire as Gyokuen Ren's adviser. A magician who excels in 4 affinities, being fire, wind, water, and life. I can levitate, though. That is all I may tell you. I cant spill any of my information to you anymore." 

"I didn't really pick up much, but thanks for opening up. I'm Mai. Ever since I left the dungeon, I was so fragile, and weak, and scared." Mai confessed, letting a few air in, and breathing out happily. "But then I met the Kou empire, Sindria, and Aladdin. I feel strong, even if i really am not! I feel so confident than before." 

"It's nice knowing that." Chie smiled weakly, never experiencing any of what Mai stated. 

After crossing valleys and go through steep hills, until the buildings of Sindria shone upon the rising sun. Hopefully the boat hasn't left yet. Mai crossed her fingers, grabbed Chie's arm, and went for the go. 

Soon, Mai saw the main trio of Sindria, preparing the three to go to the ship. 

"Ja'far!!!" Mai waved her hand, running. "Mai!!" 

The two approached each other with a hug. "Where have you been? We've been searching for you and I was worried sick." 

"It's a long story." Mai explained, and held Chie forward, who was now hurriedly covering her face with the massive cape she had. "I want to introduce you to my friend I met, Chie. She's from the Kou empire." 

"G-Good morning." She cleared her throat, holding back the golden wand. Sinbad approached Chie and removed her hood. He then chuckled. 

"You have a beautiful face, why hide it?" However, Chie just looked down. 

Soon she glared back at the king with a serious facade. 

"I'm Sinbad. I see you're from the Kou empire." He offered a shake in the hand. 

Chie shook back, but only the two's grips got tighter. 

Their hands shook, and pressed into each other, digging into their skin until their bones misplaced in their thoughts. 

Both had let go at the same time, both looking furiously and suspicious as each other as they stared at both pacific and golden orbs. 

"W-What was that?" Mai mumbled, as they proceeded to the ship to Reim.