Chapter 7

..

...

"Shella, you cant come with me. It's dangerous out there." The pleading father desperately stood in front of her wife, exactly nine months pregnant. 

"No, I cant bear to live alone, knowing you're dead there. I'm coming." 

Shella was teary eyed, firmly grasping the dirtied shirt of his husband, Kael. Soon, Kael heard the guards shoving the peasants like him to the dungeon, forcing them to capture it. He had to take the risk-- In a flash, He carried the weight of her wife and hurried inside, hiding from the guards. 

And it happened, what he had expected when he was outside the dungeon was very far from what he had expected. Flying monsters with the ability to control water splashed everybody to their violent death. 

"Move!! Defeat the monsters!!" The guards yelped, standing back. Cowards. Kael muttered. "Don't worry, Shella. Hide here and you will be safe." 

Before Kael exited her sight, she grasped his shirt and whispered. "Promise me you will return--"

A loud groan came out from the wife's lips. Her baby was about to exit the uterus of the wife. 

"Kael-- the b-baby!!" "Shh, Shh!!" Silenced Kael. Unfortunately, the father wasn't there to protect Shella. 

Kael was forced to approach the wave of sea monsters and fight, her suffering wife watching in horror. She groaned, panting and reaching her limit to shove the baby off--

"Kael!!!!!" She gasped her final breath, Kael turning to see her wife out of breath, vision darkening, the poor baby halfway. 

"Shella!!!!" Kael retreated from the army, and came to help her wife eject the baby. 

A little wail came from the fathers arms after a while. A warm tender feeling surrounded the two. "Shella, you made it." Kael whispered, teary eyed while watching their baby breathe her first air. "Kael, let me h-hold her..." Kael softly handed the baby to her arms, sobbing from joy.

"And what is this!?" The commander fumed with rage as he saw the couple. "You coward!!" He said as he booted the father, making him lie on to the ground, groaning as he clutch his stomach. "And you, you frail woman." Shella panted, scared. She hid the baby in her arms. "You aren't allowed to be here." "I don't want to watch my husband die!!" 

"Husband? Him?" The commander smirked slyly, letting out a sick laugh. "He's nothing but a sick parasite. He cant help you." All those words, Shella still believed in Kael. 

"He's better off with his heart in the garbage." He swung his sword in the air, and plunged into Kael's chest, piercing him mercilessly. 

"KAEL!!!!!!" "And you, you shouting fool." The commander stepped an inch closer and closer to Shella, desperately shushing the baby girl in her arms. "Choose wisely; be mine, or say hello to your husband in hell." Shella forced her tears back, trying to stay strong after what she had witnessed. "I'm already in hell. Get back on your throne, Satan." 

"Begone!!!" The sword aimlessly pierced through her flesh, her heart beat quickly drifting away. She was dead bone. "Stubborn, worthless slum." The commander moved away, but then he stopped to hear a baby crying. 

"Odd." He thought, nearing to the baby in Shella's corpse. "Is this the woman's baby?" He asked himself. "Well, better plunge her to death!!" 

But before he could, he found himself pierced by the edges of the sea beast's steel skin, the sea snakes covering the baby in protection. "I-Impossi-b-ble...." He mumbled, and found himself dead and gone from this world. 

From afar, a faint whisper of a female oracle was heard. "Come forth, my beloved... Soon you will meet someone and you will know what you truly are, my magi...."