Chapter 35

Silence.....

Darkness.....

Mai felt too deja vu about this, back then she was in the dungeon Vinea kept her safe, along with the harmonious sea creatures people think were monsters. 2 long years ago, she was so afraid, so naive, her feet shook at the slightest touch and interaction. 

What a memory. Mai mumbled beneath her breath, clutching her knees sitting in the void alone. 

"I wonder where Aladdin-san, Morgiana-san, Alibaba-san, Hakuryuu-san, Judal, Kouha-san, Kougyoku-sama, and Chie are right now?" 

She stared, and started to release a shriek. 

"Ahhhhhhh!!! I'm so bored and alone.If only someone were here. And I don't even know how to do this magic thing." She waved her hands and cupped them, producing a small group of glowing white butterflies, which were identified as rukh. "If someone would only teach me."

"Ah, I know! I'll practice, maybe." She said, trying to cheer herself up of loneliness. "How does Aladdin-san make fire? and water? Or air?" 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No matter how Titus aimed at her and firing ice at the opponent far too many times that it circulated around the battlefield, Mai managed to dodge every single move with fire that melted the ice in a second before it hit her. 

"How did she get this strong?" Chie stared, eyes narrowed. "That one night, she disappeared. Maybe she woke up and trained along us." 

"That's not possible enough. Knowing Mai, she would've searched for us, or at least slept in our room and greeted us. This is not the Mai I knew." 

Aladdin frowned, but when he was about to sigh, Judal beamed right in. "That's not Mai at all. She doesn't know the first thing about magic. All she knows is firing magoi and making rukh. She doesn't even know how to make a borg!" Judal exclaimed. 

"Well," Sphintus added, blinking. "She sure could dodge the attacks of Titus. But that's not Titus's full power yet." 

Mai glided gracefully, eyeing Titus with a blank facade as the blonde magician flew up from her, and a combination of water, ice, and fire, were forming a powerful blast at the tip of Titus's wand. "I knew it. You're just a simple magician who does dodges and runs away, thinking my energy would deplete." He said at Mai as the ball of clustered elements started to swirf faster and form bigger. "Titus-san. you are really a great magician. No wonder Scheherazade liked you more than the rest." She said with a big smile, eyes squinted. 

Titus fired, aiming at Mai, who was running with sudden short breath away from the deadly fires. 

Mai stopped, and swirled a gush of wind upwards so that she would elevate up to the air, dodging the magic from hitting her, and trapped Titus in an icy sea, but in a matter of seconds, he broke out of. 

"Mai!! Stop underestimating me!" 

"I'm not underestimating you. I;m keeping you safe." 

He gritted his teeth and laughed. "I see. Whatever. I'll destroy you." 

"Oh crap." Sphintus blinks in horror. "That laugh-- Titus's gone mad!" 

Titus tips his wand, ice surging into a spiral until it turns into a powerdul blast, aimed directly to the pink haired Magi, who was swirling her wand with ice magic as well, until Mai's magic forges into a long slick ice sword for battle, commanding the sword to its will. 

Titus lunges forward, but Mai dodges it to a twirl and pokes Titus's waist teasingly for a tickle. 

"Stop taking me lightly!!!!" Titus rages forth, finally his ears pleased with the sound of Mai's yelp of pain. 

Chie tightens her fist as she spoke. "This isn't Mai." No matter how her head tries to deny the fact, the scenery displayed on the fields weren't telling her otherwise. "Her face and rukh may be the same, but there's something odd about her." 

"Stop this! If you're not going to fight me seriously, i'll cancel this match and ban you! The stadium is made for showing their talents and skills, and how good you are to posses such magic to destroy your foe. What you are showing to the crowd is underestimation and horrible tease." 

Mai sighs, ignoring the crowd of eyes facing her. "Fine." Said Mai in a soft voice. "I'll make it quick, shall I?" 

"Do your best to make it even quicker than mine." Titus growled, and jumps backwards to charge a spell that everyone certainly wished they'd never face. 

"Destruction." 

"Borg Al-Samm." 

And everything after decided who won that match. 

and nobody ever expected it. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Titus's eyes never stopped shivering in confusion and rage, while the Queen tried her best to comfort Titus. She looked to Titus's blue yet raging eyes and whispered. "You need to calm down. You're magic is depleting even more." 

"I just don't get it." The blond closes his eyes, as he tries his best to lower the rage that's burning in his chest. "Her borg... Her borg is anything i've ever seen--" 

"And your spell is anything we've ever seen, Titus--"

"But it was more than enough to stop 'Destruction'!!" 

"Titus--" 

They were put to a halt when a guard enters their room in panic. 

"Your Highness-- A 'student' has been reported to be the Kou Empire's Magi. It might've been a spy, and someone's taking them back." 

Scheherazade's calm mood turns into deep and raging respite, and growls. "What!?" 

She turns and grabs her staff angrily, and glares at Titus. "Stay here." As she left in swift motion and shuts the door behind her with great force. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Let me go, you jerks--" Judal bit the guard's arms that wrangled with his, and sets him free in a temporary time until he was grabbed hold again. 

Aladdin hid behind people not knowing what to do, while Chie was running off while she was being searched by other guards. 

Sphintus lunges forward and tries to explain to the guards, but was snared back by a magic force that disabled him to move-- if only they could do that to the Oracle, but his borg and defense was too strong. 

"My sneaky little Oracle." Gyokuen grits her teeth, baring it that Judal flinched in fear. "You think you could run away with your little carpet to Reim, to what purpose? Find that pink haired brat that I wish Kougyoku never rescued." 

She points her hand to Judal's chin, sending it upwards as she painfully dug her sharp nails deeper into his skin. "Ahg--" He grunted, Gyokuen only replying with a grin. "Now, where is Mai, and my little darling Chie?"  

(I AM LITERALLY SO SORRY. BACK THEN I LOST INTEREST ON THIS BUT THEN ALOT OF PEOPLE WERE ACTUALLY READING IT AHHHH BUT HERE U GO A 1000 WORD UPDATE!! YAY!!!!!

And i fell like writing today so aha what a poor excuse :'OOO I've been playing alot of League of Legends today and it distracted me from this, and the fact that I half quitted wattpad for some time-- ahaha ;;v;;)