Chapter 9

Mai P.O.V

I parted my eyelids, the little rays of sunlight hitting my eyes and skin. Judging from the background, I guessed we were finally out of the dungeon-- the air was warmer, and the ground beneath me surely wasn't the hard ice-cold cement i used to lay on. 

I decided to stand up, preparing myself to question Judal about everything what happened while I was asleep-- 

Until I found myself being hugged by a sobbing sleeping boy. 

Somehow, I felt like the presence of this boy never sent me to question anything at all. It calmed me. I didn't want him to leave. But he was a complete stranger, but somehow... I knew him.

"Oi, finally you're awake, maggot." Judal approached me, blocking the sunlight. I nodded, averting his eyes, focused on the sleeping boy. "As much as I'm weird-ed out with you and Aladdin, were going home." He waved his hand and prepared his magic carpet. "W-Wait, what happened to the dungeon? Did someone come and conquer it? W-Wait, Aladdin?"

"Yeah, someone conquered it. And yeah, Aladdin is the one who's hugging you. His friends left off because the blond duck wanted to take a dump." Judal explained, looking out the farther distance, trying to locate the trio where they went off. "I'll wait for Aladdin to wake up, after that we'll fetch him to them. You can do it, right?" Sure, begging wasn't Judal's forte, but I had to try. "Fine, whatever."

Judal took a climb up the tree and fed on the peaches hanging from the branches, while I stood, caressing Aladdin's blue hair as I leaned on the tree. "Mmm..." Aladdin mumbled. "Aladdin?" Aladdin looked up to see my eyes. "S-Sorry." the blue magi chuckled lightly, as he quickly moved away. "I didn't really know what was going on my mind when I hugged you. I felt like I needed to." giggled Aladdin. "Weird, isn't it?" I smiled, as I enjoyed seeing the boy laugh. Judal rolled his eyes. 

"W-wait. Where is Alibaba? Where are the others? I was with them, right?" 

"They left without you because you were sleeping." Judal seeped himself into the conversation. "They're probably far from here now." He took a bite out of the peach, the juice spreading in his mouth. "Judal," Mai stood up, looking up the black magi enjoying his fruit. "Didn't you say we were going to fetch Aladdin to his friends?" No. I wasn't letting him go away this time. 

Judal floated back to the ground, the cool grass tickling his feet. "Whatever. After this were going home and telling Kouen the news, okay?" I agreed, and set up the carpet. Soon, the carpet was already flying up in the sky, Me and Judal tracking the three. 

Suddenly, two crimson daggers jolted from the sky, wrapping the ropes around the carpet tight enough to wrap us with it, and pinned us down the ground in an instant second, paralyzing our bodies while it was tied up. 

"Oi, Judal!" A voice stabbed our ears. "Who told you to raise a dungeon in our grounds? You may be a powerful oracle, but I am sure we all agreed to the rules." The man had white hair, freckles, clothed with a green robe with the ropes of the dagger tied around his hands. He knelt down, meeting Judal's crimson orbs with his emerald glare. "Kouen asked you to do this, didn't he?" Judal spat at the general's face. 

He fumed with anger, his blood burning inside as he wiped the spit out of his face. "You brat--" But before the daggers bolted up like lately, A hand held the general's shoulders. 

"Now, now Ja'far. Is this the way we treat our guests?"

"B-But Sin--" He lowered his hands.

"Welcome, Judal and Aladdin. Welcome to Sindria."