Chapter 3

(Mai P.O.V)

If everything was clear... I wouldn't be so unsure of what will happen...

I bolted out of the futon, my breathing pace fast. 

"Are you okay?" Kougyoku asked as she held a cup of warm tea in her pale hands. "Yeah, sorry about that." I quickly snatched the tea as i tried to evade her eyes. "I'm just so confused right now." 

Squeezing the cup didn't help me get through the pain and confusion I've been through-- so many questions to ask, but then anger takes me over, and i end up not knowing what to ask anymore. Why did Vinea lie to me-- or should I say, kept everything away from me? 

I am strong, so why didn't she tell me? Strong? i don't feel so strong right now to be fair. 

I felt a hand pat over my shoulder. "I'ts going to be okay. You're staying here in the Kou empire. I'm also confused myself, but I guarantee top-spot you will learn almost everything here. Just you wait." I nod, still shivering. "Are you cold?" Flustered by the sudden question, I had to be honest. "A bit..." 

"I'm going to get a few of my clothes, but I'm afraid they wont fit you-- your size is a bit petite for me." I look at myself eye wide, then began to chuckle nervously. "Don't worry." Kougyoku assured. "I'll find a way." 

As she left the room, I gulped the tea, never minding the heat, and stood up, legs still fatigue. I looked around and advanced through the window. I hanged half of my body over the window pane, feeling the rush of cold air touch my skin. 

"Oh?" I heard a voice below the window. I look down comically, suddenly bringing my face very close to the male. "Eeeep!!!" I squeak, and covered my mouth as I stood up. "O-Oi! I wasn't trying to hit a move on you-- I just happened to be there!" The man assured. "I'm Kouha, by the way." 

I wasn't so sure if I would take his hand, but I reply with a cold confused shoulder. "Mai." "What are you doing here? I've never seen you anywhere?" I leaned over the window again, slowly trusting Kouha. "I've lived inside a dungeon my whole life, so I don't really know anything. I don't even know how I ended up there." I shrugged, looking down as my fingers intertwined. I heard the door open, and as soon as I did, I closed the window, and rushed to me bed. 

"Here, try these on." She threw me a bunch of clothes. "Those were mine when I was younger. There's a changing room right there, and come out so I can see. We'll throw your old rags away." I nod as I proceed to the changing room. After a while, I come out wearing the clothe she had gave me. A bit unusual, but it was comfier than my last one. 

"Ahh!!!" She gasped. "You are so cute in it!!" I smiled, my self esteem a bit up. "By the way," She looked at me, smile fading. "Brother Kouen wants to meet you." I drifted away from Kougyoku. "Who's that?" 

"The emperor here, you know, the ruler. The one who makes things work." This might be the chance to confront him on anything I really wanted to know. I exhaled as I open the big gates upon, to see a man...