Chapter 33

(xxx P.O.V)

We were childish. Even in a serious moment in complete silence and the foor were our own reflection,we managed to turn over our hands to shapes that we once used to play.

"Jan! Ken! Po!" 

A scissor and a rock. 

"Yahoo!! I won!!" Mai blurted out, echoing.

I sighed, closing my eyes. "fine, you get to win." 

I released a slight smile. "So, should I take over?" 

"Take over?" 

I nodded, standing up on my feet as she tilted her head up. 

I knew what was going to happen. Seeing my innocent child meet her fate is too much of a weight to me, i could no longer take these anymore, after what happened to Solomon, and Aladdin. 

Mai was supposed to guard over Aladdin. And i'll et her fulfill that duty. 

As I remained silent, Mai ran to me but before she could reach my body with the tip of her pale cold fingers, I and the world around us disappeared in glitter. 

(Chie P.O.V)

Mai still had her eyes shut since i shook her with my power. It's been almost a month. Since she didn't even had the chance to bid a goodbye to Alibaba and Morgiana. Nor did she get to see a sight of the empire. 

I held her in a bridal style, her body flowing down as if she was dead. 

I looked over the horizon, seeing a colossal castle-like academy, spirals lining the top and magicians clothed in black robes flying over the horizon with their magic. 

I've never seen a sight like this. Aladdin was pretty amazed too. 

I had my mouth gaped open. Aladdin grabbed my skirt and pulled me through the crowded hall to go to the entrance. 

"Come on, We have a lot to discover!" Aladdin glee, smiling cheerfully. "I cant wait to meet everyone!" 

--------------------------------------------------

(Chie P.O.V) 

Soon, we had our own rooms. I shared bunks with Aladdin, who was enthusiastically reviewing all the scrolls handed to him in class. 

In my case, I stared at the scrolls, until i became drowsily sleepy. I knew all of these already, not to brag, actually. There was nothing to brag about knowing these magic tricks if you were physically and mentally tortured my a psycho that's supposed to be dead by now. 

I turned over my head, to Mai who was sleeping peacefully over my bunk, as I stared blankly into space. 

------------------------------------------

"Sooo Sphinty, who's in match with Titus tomorrow?" 

Judal said, tilting his head and showing his chin while munching off a french bread that he stole from the academy's cafeteria. 

"They haven't announced it yet though. Maybe later on. And Sphinty?" 

Judal laughed at the Egyptian's reaction. "don't be so bashful. It suits you."

As Sphintus was talking again, Judal's eyes scrolled over the horizon, as he caught himself squinting at a familiar sight-- a shortish blue haired boy with a wooden old wand...

His eyes glistened, gasping loudly as he slammed himself up the chair, Sphintus' food thrashing everywhere. 

"CHIBI!!!!!!" He shouted, running towards him, throwing everyone away. 

Aladdin heard someone calling unto him, but before he could react, he was tackled by a tight hug from...

"J-Judal!!!!!!!!!!?" 

Judal cackled, shaking his fist unto Aladdin's blue head. "Damn Chibi, surprise seeing you here!" 

As Judal laughed, Aladdin tried hard to breathe out normally. "J-Judal-kun! you're squishing the heck out of m-me!" 

"Ah, sory. I was just excited!" Judal's attitude were different, noticed Aladdin, but he couldn't do anything about it. He'd better alert himself from face punches again. 

"Why are you here, Judal-kun! You're a magi and you have responsibilities in K--" 

"Shhh, don't even start that. I'm here because I want to. Actually, I just want to laze off from  that stupid empire." 

Aladdin sighed, smashing his palm unto his face. "Why did I even ask?"

------------------------------------

(Chie P.O.V)

The past classes broke everyone a big sweat, some even had tears in their eyes, and It wasn't so surprising to me. 

Null faced me didn't complain. I remained a straight face all thorough the practice. It wasn't compared to anything I had done back in the past. 

I ranked top class in an instant. The day I received my grades, I was pretty surprised. 

As I scanned my grades, Aladdin ran up to me as he panted. "Congratulations, Chie-san! You were great. You didn't even break a sweat during practice!" 

I blinked, leaning my eyes away from the blue-haired magi. "T-Thanks I guess. Bt you're a magi. You could do far better than me." 

Aladdin smiled courageously, and pumped his fist in the air. "M! I'll work harder, Chie-san! Just you watch!!" 

"Oi, Chibi!!!!" Judal raised his hand, waving over from the other side of the crowd as we managed to sneak in between the people around us. "They're announcing the student who'll match up with Titus." 

Sphintus scoffed. "Pft. Hes just talented and strong. There's nothing to be excited about it." 

"I bet Chie would go after Titus!" Aladdin elbowed Chie's limb softly, shocking the white magician. "I'd rather not." 

"Shhhh, here it is!!" Judal shushed the three. "Just pray it'll be me. I'll smash that boy's skull in not ime!" 

"Judal! Do you have a seal with you?" Aladdin whispered to Judal, who was cockily grinning and imagining his victory. "Of course I do. Managed to steal some from Gyokuen's room. I'm not stupid." 

Aladdin rested his shoulders as he rolled his eyes. 

Titus walked over the stage, proudly waltzing and raising his chin, his hair swaying in the light breeze around his as he eyes the audience, guessing who'll stand in front of him at the stadium. 

Then the principal came. As he adjusted himse fin the microphone, he said:

"I think we all know why we are gathered here today. One of our most successful students has the ultimate chance of facing our top student." He cleared his throat, and continued. "The one who shall be facing Titus on the stadium tomorrow morning is..." 

"Our faithful student, Mai." 

As we went back to our room, I and Aladdin looked over the bunk, to find Mai suddenly missing from the bunk we put her.