Chapter 23

Hakuryuu and the mage sat down the bottom part of the ship, heading towards Magnoshuttat. After the cargo was taken away by the unexpected visit of pirates, all were dismayed, and many were injured. Mai and Aladdin were healing the injured (as expected form them, they were taught by Yamuraiah a few weeks ago), and the two were also helping out. 

Chie was supposed to help out, until Hakuryuu called her attention. 

Hakuryuu closed his open palms. "What connection do you have to Gyokuen?"

"Oh, I'm surprised." Said Chie, poker faced. "You don't call Gyokuen your mother."

"Thats not important!! And she isn't worth called to be my mother..." Hakuryuu gnarled his teeth at the blank faced mage. Chie sighed as she looked away.

"It's a really long story. I was alive before any of your brothers existed." Suddenly, Chie's eyes began to circle. 

--Flash Back-- ((Italicized words are Chie's words~))

A really long time ago, Gyokuen, as a Magi, were able to create clones from the rukh of the possessor, which is, the Magi. Thus, I was born. That instant, I already had the appearance of my current self, except I had blue-ish hair and a mole under my lip back then. 

Until Gyokuen decided to change it a few weeks later. She said something about interfering with her plan, or causing chaos. Then, she cut my hair with a razor sharp cut glass and dyed my hair white as snow, and cut my mole until it bled. 

that instant, I became dull, poker faced, and quiet. I was already packed with knowledge and invested with Gyokuen's plans and-- well, other stuff. 

It was not long ago when Hakuyuu and Hakuren were born. We were friends. We used to play a lot and have fun in the snow, which was really rare for it to occur in the empire.

"Chie-san!" i heard Hakuren  run to me, carrying a load of thick scarves in his hand. "Let's go play in the snow please!"

Hearing Hakuren's adorable plead made Chie smile. "Okay. I will play with you. Where's Hakuyuu?" 

"He's coming along!!" Hakuren smiled wide. "Here!" Hakuren suddenly put a scarf over her neck, wrapping it loosely before tying it in the front. 

"Hakuren!! That's not fair." Hakuyuu arrived with a scarf over him. you should wait for me. I wanted to put the scarf on Chie-san first." 

Chie giggled. "Next time, we'll do it together." The brothers looked at the mage and nodded a big yes with large smiles on their faces while playing on the snow while it lasted. 

Later then, Gyokuen trained me until I was strong, empowered with magic, and merciless thoughts invaded my mind-- corrupted my mind, actually. 

Until Hakuei and you were born. When Hakuren and Hakuyuu were already at his mid 20's, something i'd never expect happened.

"Chie-san!" Hakuyuu approached me, walking fast and keeping up with my pace. 

I bowed to Hakuyuu while tightly clasping my palms. "Good Morning, Hakuyuu-san."

"'San'?" Hakuyuu said, quite shocked. "You don't need to be so polite with me. It's just me." He shrugged and held my hand, offering me to stand up back to position.

"I don't really know." I shoved back my hair, blushing a little. "Since you're going to be ruler of this empire soon... I knew I had to get used to it." 

"B-But you don't really need to!" Hakuyuu raced to me when I continued to walk forward. "I- I'm always-- uh, i mean were close, you know? You don't need to even if I was king. But I don't really want to become the ruler of this crazed empire, you know?" Hakuyuu paused, as I looked back to him. Hakuyuu leaned over the railings. "I wish Kouen just took my place. So much responsibility."

I leaned over the railings. Then, I glanced over him. "I wonder when the snow will come back. I miss those days when we play." Hakuyuu chuckled, tilting his head to the nostalgia. "Yeah. Except the part where you get whisked away by mother after a while." 

"I agree. That was not a fun moment." Chie sighed, closing her eyes. Later, we both laughed.

We used to chat all day long, and I never got tired of the sight of him trying to keep up my fast walking pace, tilting his head upwards away from me, lightly blushing whenever I say something and rubbing his nape in anxiety. We always watched the sun set, and never ceased to look up in the sky, waiting for the first drop of snow. 

That instant, I, the cruel merciless mage, was in love with Hakuyuu the instant we first met. 

((You ever wondered why Hakuyuu never wondered why Chie didn't age? Find out in the next chapter!))