Chapter 17

(XXX P.O.V)

As the sun slowly crept out, the white haired had already set up things and was ready to leave, leaving the hostage sleeping soundly, hugging the sack she was supposed to be in. 

She gazed over her, pausing, and casting a borg to levitate her as she journeys. 

"A Magi, huh?" She mumbled. "I didn't expect her to be this fragile and weak."

She climbed up the hill and saw the sun, erecting up as she started to feel the warmth on her skin. She continued on, letting in a few fresh air from her cape, revealing her whole head. 

The empire was just a few miles away, she'd get there by a few hours if she remained like this-- or when Mai doesn't wake up. 

But then, a yawn sounded through the back. 

"Ja'far-san~ What time is it? Did the boat leave already?" 

Meanwhile, the white haired just stared at her, confused. It was better to remain quiet and proceed. 

Mai finally opened her eyes, only to see the girl from the night before dragging her down the ground in the sunlit forest. 

She jolted, and thrashed the borg, breaking it. 

"Crap!" The magician faced Mai, breathing in panic and ran away in the sight. 

However, she wasn't very fast. The magician came right behind her, casting spells to stun her as she ran. 

Mai shredded down the floor, pressing the ground as she cried. 

"Give in, Magi." The white haired said, pointing the tip of her golden wand between her eyes. "I... I don't want to die yet..." 

it shook her, as she continued to force the want into her face. "You're not going to die! Unless you were a reincarnation of something! Look, lets calm you down." 

When she tried to grasp her hand, giving in with a calm facade, Mai dodged it, afraid once again. 

Afraid as if she left the dungeon back then. 

She shook, trying to stand with flimsy feet, shaking and turning away. 

"Vinea... H-Help... me..." 

Mai tumbled down, sobbing as soon as the thought stirred up in her head. 

"Magi." She knelt down, standing her up. "What can I do to help?" 

"Not get me murdered, I guess..."

Mai joked, but after all, jokes have a little truth inside. The white haired girl averted her eyes, almost crying. but eventually, she had to let every teardrop flow right out of her.

"W-what's wrong?" Mai asked, brushing the white girl's bangs off of her pure, pale face. 

"I- I don't know... I don't want to know! I just want to get away from here and live." 

Mai shook, realizing true feelings beneath the skin. 

"We're going to get out of here, don't you worry. Take us back to Sindria and we'll get a boat to Reim."

"But I'm so scared! W-what if s-she chases me?" Mai grabbed her cold hands, looking deep into her pacific eyes, and said 

"You'll be safe with me. Trust me, and I'll show you the way." 

She shook her head in disagreement, but quickly then, charged her into a tight hug, tears soaking both of their cheeks.