Chapter 3.

•Chres•
"Chresanto, wake up!" Jamaica screamed in my ear. "Shut up." I groaned, turning around. "It's 7:15. You're going to be late for school if you don't get up now." I looked at the time on my phone, and sighed. I got out of bed and said, "Happy now?" "I guess." Jamaica said leaving my room. I went into the bathroom and took a shower, then brushed my teeth. I went back in my room and put on a gray shirt, black jeans, and timberlands. I put on a gold chain, grabbed my phone and book bag then left. "You don't want anything to eat, sweetie?" Mom asked. "Nah. I'm not hungry." I said. Honestly I was starving, but my dad was in the kitchen and I didn't want to hear his shit this early in the morning. I put my earplugs in, and 'My Way' by Fetty Wap came on. I checked the time and it said 7:43. I was right across the street from a McDonalds, and I already knew I'd be late so I didn't really care. I went in McDonalds and ordered a sausage biscuit. While I was waiting I got a text from Andria.

Andy: Where tf r uuuu?!?!

Me: In McDonalds

Andy: You buying me something?

Me: No

Andy: Then idgaf

Me: Then u shouldn't have asked

Andy: 😑 just get to school!!!

Me: Fineee

They called my name and I got my food. And like always it was amazing! I got to school about 20 minutes later. I walked in class and Ms. Thomas asked, "Chresanto, why are you late?" "Um...late alarm clock." "Then why do you have a McDonalds bag in your hand?" "I stopped there on the way." I said in a 'DUH' tone. I sat down in my seat next to Andria and whispered her name. She wasn't paying attention, and then I realized she was sleep, so I punched her arm. She looked over at me, and I smiled. "What?" She asked sleepily. "Food." I said handing her the McDonalds bag. Andria took the bag and looked in it. "Thank you!" She whisper-shouted. I bought her some fries.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was now lunch and we were at our lockers. "So why were you so late?" "Jamaica woke me up, I took a shower got dressed all that stuff, I went downstairs my dad was in the kitchen and I didn't want to be in the same room as him, I went to McDonalds, and that's about it." "Why don't you want to be in the same room as your dad?" "Cause he was drunk when I came back home from when I walked with you home, and he basically told me I'm a disappointment of a son, and that I need to fight him. I didn't want to at first. I was trying to give him some water but he didn't want it and he kept saying fight him, so I punched him, and then when I tried to tell my mom that at dinner she said I was lying and I'm grounded." "Damn." "Yeah. And my mom knows my dad's an alcoholic and he smokes, but he told her he stopped drinking and smoking, but I caught him!" I said balling my fists. "Calm down." Andria said hugging me. This is why I need Andria in my life.