Chapter 50.

•Mia•

     As I was pulling my newly dyed black hair into a pony tail, I got a text. I wasn't going to open it until I finished getting dressed though because knowing me, I'd be scrolling on Instagram after responding.

I put on my white shells and tied them. I grabbed the hotel key card, my phone charger, a few snacks and a small umbrella then put it in my tote bag. Finally checking my phone, it was a text from Aaron.

Hubby💍👅: The game's gonna be on ABC at 1. Don't miss it.

I won't -Read 10:45

I got another text telling me my uber was outside. I put on my sunglasses and went outside to the uber. It was a gray and gloomy day in Boston, but that wasn't gonna stop me from wearing sunglasses. I wasn't trying to be noticed while I was going to this game. Aaron and I were still trying to keep our relationship on the low and we were doing pretty well.

Aaron's team, the Washington Wizards, made it to the playoffs and I hadn't been to any of the games yet, so I thought I'd surprise him. They had beat the Hawks to get to the second round and now they're playing to Celtics later. I had to make sure I didn't book the same hotel as the team because I wasn't trying to run into the coaches or one of the other players.

"So you going to the game by yourself?" The uber driver asked.

"No, I'm meeting someone there."

I ended up having a nice conversation with the driver and made sure that whenever I was in Boston I'd book him. He was pretty funny. When he got to the stadium, I thanked him and got out. I went through everything I had to, then FaceTimed Aaron.

"Princess." Aaron smiled. "When'd you dye your hair?" I could tell they had just finished up a morning shoot around.

"A couple days ago. I wanted to do something different." I lifted my sunglasses and let my eyes adjust.

"It looks nice. Hol' up...you at the stadium?" He finally noticed.

"Yeah. I have no idea where I'm going either. Can you come get me?"

"Aight. See you in a few."

I hung up the phone and started smiling. I honestly haven't seen Aaron in at least 2 months. With both of our schedules being so hectic, and me living in LA while he has to be in Washington, it's hard to see each other. When I saw Aaron coming my way, I literally ran into his arms and hugged him. "I missed you." I said before kissing him. "Missed you too, baby." I loved the way he said baby. "Say it again." "What? Baby?" I nodded. "Baby, baby, baby. Oh, you my baby." He sung. I laughed and kissed him again. "Where your seat at? I can pull some strings and get you a better one if you want." He said as we were walking. "They're a few rows up from court side. They're behind your teams bench." "So if I turn around I'll be able to see you?" "Yes." "Good enough."

~~~~~

     I ate some French fries and played a game on my phone. It was halftime and the Wizards were up. I got a tap on my shoulder and turned around. "Are you Pia Mia? My niece likes your music." A guy asked me. "Yes I am. Do you want me to sign anything for her?" "If it's not a problem for you. Her name's Mariah and she loves Aaron Miller–number 12, so I got her his jersey. Could you sign the back of it?" "Of course I can." I smiled. "Does she do anything? Like sing, dance, any type of sport?" "She plays basketball." "Awesome." The guy handed me a pen and I wrote on the 12 on the back of the jersey:

Dear Mariah,
     I hear you play basketball and love the player Aaron Miller. So do I *wink*. Keep grinding and all your work will pay off and you'll break the boundaries and be the first woman in the NBA. If you love me enough, you'll make that happen and I'll be able to say I signed a jersey for her.
               Love,
                     Pia Mia