Chapter 32.

•Mia•

   Trey and I were at the boutique trying to find me an outfit for an interview I had on Monday. When I finally found an outfit, I paid for it and we left. Trey took the bags and held my hand as we walked to his car. My phone started ringing and I went to go answer it.

"Hello?" I asked. It was a number I had never seen before, so I didn't know what to expect.

"Hey." As soon as I heard his voice, I wanted to hang up. Not because I hate him, but out of respect of Trey.

"Hi." I said hesitantly.

"You gonna be in New York, anytime soon?"

"Yeah, I'll be there tonight. Why?"

"I wanted to know if we could meet up. Not anywhere special. Maybe a Nifty Fifty?"

"Why?"

"Just to talk."

"Ok. But if you try anything, Aaron I will kill you."

"Don't worry, I won't. I have a girlfriend."

"Oh. I'm in a relationship too."

"Yeah, I know. I seen it on your Snapchat and magazines."

"Right. I have to get going, so I guess I'll see you later."

   Before Aaron could say anything I hung up. I walked over to the car and got in. "You good?" Trey asked as he pulled off. "Yup. I just don't want to leave you." I pouted. "I'm going somewhere just like you for Easter." "I know, but we'll be in different states." "You're going to be in New York and I'm gonna be in Jersey. It's not far." "Fine. But don't forget to call me when you land." Trey nodded and kept driving.

   He was driving me to the airport, and all day he was telling me not to do certain stuff because it could "damage" my voice. Some of the stuff is pretty stupid in my opinion, but I didn't say that because I'm his girlfriend and I respect him. When we got to the airport, I hugged him. "Please rest your voice." Trey reminded. "Is there anything you're going to say as my boyfriend?" I asked, rolling my eyes. "Love you." "Love you too." I got out the car and took my suitcase out the trunk.

   I was only staying until Monday, then it'd be going back to LA. I was planning on releasing another song soon, but I haven't thought about anything. As I was walking through the airport, people were waving and taking pictures. Some screamed and it frightened me, just a little bit. I went through the medal detector and handed the guy my ticket. He checked it and let me go through. I found a seat on the plane and sat there quietly.

~~~

   I got off the plane and walked out the airport, since my dad's picking me up. I saw his car and walked over. He popped the trunk and I put my suitcase inside. I got in the car and hugged my dad. "I missed you, lil' girl." Dad laughed. "I missed you too, old man." I laughed with him. "So, you've released a song, got another boyfriend, friends with Kylie Jenner, and live in an amazing house. What else can you do in just a few months?" "A whole lot." "I'm the father of a singer!" Dad sung at the top of his lungs. "Sir! You're going to have to leave the singing to me." I said, dying of laughter. "Fine. I knew I sounded like Beyoncé. You just jealous." "Jealous of what? You? Nope." "Whatever, hater." I scoffed and shook my head playfully. My dad is too much.

  "Have you talked to Aaron?" Dad asked. I side eyed him and slowly nodded, "Why?" "He called some hours ago." "I talked to him before my boyfriend dropped me off at the airport." "Oh well he wanted to know if you were here." "He wanted to know if we could meet up at a Nifty Fifty. I'm going to go because it's probably important." "You going by yourself?" "Yes father. I'm going by myself." "Well I don't want no one touching on my daughter." "No one's going to touch me. I promise." Dad nodded as we pulled into the driveway. I got out and got my suitcase out also and we walked into the house.

   When I walked in everyone came to hug me. I missed being in this house rushing around trying to get everything done. "Give her space, she just walked in." Mom said. I hugged all of them once again then took my bag up to my room. Everything was the same just cleaner. I changed into a pair of black jeans, a white tank top, and flip flops. I put my hair in a ponytail and grabbed a hoodie. "Where you going?" Andria asked. "To Nifty Fifty. I'll be right back." "Ok. I'll see you." I nodded and went downstairs and took dads car keys.

   I drove down to the Nifty Fifty Aaron and I used to always meet up at when we were dating. I got out and walked inside. Aaron was sitting at a booth on his phone and I walked over. He looked up at me then looked back down at his phone. I rolled my eyes and took his phone and turned it off. He looked at me and smiled, "I was waiting for you to do that." He said. "How'd you know I'd do it?" I asked leaning back. "I dated you for two years. I know damn near everything about you." Aaron's slight southern accent came out. "Oh really? Bet." "I ordered you a single cheeseburger with extra ketchup on the side, and a lemonade without ice." "Alright. We getting dessert?" "I'm not, but if you did, you'd get a vanilla caramel Oreo explosion. Am I right?" "Yeah, you right. I know what you'd get." "Bet." "A Coney Island hot dog with cheese, a Sprite when you're off basketball season but when you're on basketball season it's a water, and for dessert you'd get a Pie a La Mode." "I guess you can say we both know each other very well." "Yup."

I noticed a few people taking pictures again and I sighed. "What'd you want to talk about?" I asked. "We can't just talk?" "I honestly don't believe in being friends with your ex. So no." "Fine. I wanted to ask what you thought about me training." Aaron asked as the waiter brought our food. "Training for what?" I asked taking a bite of my cheese burger. "NBA." "Well if it's something you want to do then go for it. Everyone who knows you, should know that you want to be in the NBA. I think it's cool." "Should I go back to school if I don't make it?" "I think you're gonna make it. Round one and everything. But that's up to you. If you want to go back to school, shoot. No one's holding a gun to your head saying not to." Aaron nodded and continued eating.

The food was pretty good. I hadn't eaten all day and I haven't had Nifty Fifties in forever. "I heard your song." Aaron said. "Was it good?" I asked, finishing up my food. "Yeah. A lot of people kept asking me 'Aaron isn't that your ex', like yes bitch damn." Aaron chuckled. "I hadn't realized people actually remembered me around there." "All they do is ask about you. My freaking English professor asked how you were doing." Aaron said throwing his head back dramatically. I smiled and looked down. "Wow." Aaron got the check and put a hundred in. I turned Aaron's phone back on and handed it to him. "Why'd you get a new number?" I asked. "My ex girlfriend after you broke my phone into pieces and I didn't want her blowing up my phone, so I got a new number." "Oh. What does your girlfriend think about it?" "Terra? She straight. If Daijah tries to talk to me, then there would be a problem." "Oh." "How's your boyfriend?"  "Amazing. He always tries to do his best even over the stupidest shit. I guess that's what I like about him, you know?" "Sure." The waiter came and took the check book and we left.

    As soon as I walked out there were paparazzi snapping photos. I mentally cursed as I tried to get through. "Give her space. She's a fucking woman!" Aaron said as he walked next to me. "Isn't that college basketball player Aaron Miller?" I heard a person ask. I already knew this would be on magazines so I confirmed it. "Yup!" I shouted to whoever asked the question. I got in dads car and pulled off. I heard a car behind me, so I figured it was Aaron or paparazzi. When I got home I went upstairs and took a shower. I put on some pajamas and went to see.

The life of a celebrity.