Chapter 36.

•Chres•

I sat in the studio twirling around in the chair. Today Daelynn and Zack didn't have school, so I had to bring them with me. "Have you done any new covers?" Daelynn asked. "Nope. I'm trying to think of what song to do next." I answered. I was waiting for my producers to get here so we could talk about it. "I got 2 phones! One for the plug and one for the dough! I got 2 phones one for the bi-" "I dare you to finish that sentence." I threatened Zack. "I was about to but you cut me off." Zack replied smartly. "You can't curse till you're an adult." "But you be cursing all the time." "Yeah, you can't even lie about that cause we hear you on the phone with your friends." Daelynn said.

I sucked my teeth and shrugged. "I'm older." Is all I could come up with. "But not an adult." Zack said. "Shut the fuck up." I mumbled. "I'm ready to leave. Can you record something and we get some food?" "What song should I record?" I asked. "'2 Phones' and 'Really Really' since you want to rap so much." Daelynn suggested. I nodded my head as my phone buzzed. I picked it up and read the text.

Wade: Have to cancel today, something came up

   I groaned and put my in my pocket. "We can leave." I said. "Why?" Zack and Daelynn asked. "My producer won't be able to make it, so there's no point in being here." "Do you know how to record stuff?" Daelynn asked. "Yeah, but I-" "Show me and I'll do it. I didn't come all the way down here for nothing." I shrugged and found the music to '2 Phones' then showed Daelynn which buttons to press and went into the booth. I gave her a thumbs up which told her to start the music.

~~~~~

After I recorded the two songs I decided to just take Daelynn and Zack to get some food and just chill. I sent the demo for the covers I did and called it a day. We debated for awhile on what we were going to do and we ended up going to the aquarium. They were leading the way and I was just following them. A few people had noticed me because they're subscribed and I took some pictures with them.

The kids were busy looking at the jellyfish and I sat down on the bench and watched. I feel like an old man. My phone started ringing and I answered it.

"Hello?" I asked into the phone.

"Why you send me this?" Wade's voice boomed through. His voice so damn loud I had to turn the volume down.

"It's what I recorded today." I answered simply. "I wasn't gonna go down to the studio and not do nothing."

"Who recorded you?"

"My cousins-"

"How old is they?"

"12 and 9."

"You let youngin's touch my shit? Now what if they broke-" I sucked my teeth to interrupt him, cause damn, a nigga stressing over dumb shit.

"I checked it before we left. Ain't nothing wrong with yo shit." I purposely gave him an attitude cause he's always giving me one.

"Aye yo, this ain't how it's gonna go down. I record this shit for you cause I know what's best-"

"Naw homie. It's my voice, and it's my career. Imma do what I wanna do. You fired."

"Listen lil boy. I'm the producer that gave you all those covers. Without me you ain't going to be shit."

"Ai'ight bet. I bet by this summer imma have a single with a new producer."

"If that's how it's gonna be then fine. I'm down."

I hung up the phone and got up. If by me taking control is how to get things done, then a whole lot's going to change.

•Andria•

I was working yet another shift at my job at this M.A.C outlet. I'm not even going to lie, I'm getting a good amount of money. I just want more. I'm getting to the point as an almost 17 year old where I don't want to rely on my parents anymore. Mia's got a career and out the house and I'm going to be the next one out. I don't want to work here forever.

"Andria, go restock the matte lip sticks over there." My manager, Selah, told me, handing me a box of the lip sticks. I swear, she is the definition of annoying. She always has something to say about me, always starting drama, popping up out of nowhere when she thinks someone's talking about her, and always flipping her nappy ass, dry ass, stiff ass, ugly ass weave in someone's face.

I got from behind the register and walked to the lip sticks. Before I got there I saw a transgender woman walk in. I could tell she was a transgender because she didn't have a chest and I saw her Adam's apple.

   I started restocking the lip sticks and when I was done Selah handed me a box of brushes to restock in the next section

   I started restocking the lip sticks and when I was done Selah handed me a box of brushes to restock in the next section. Only 15 more minutes until my shift is done.

I walked to the next section and started setting them up. Normally we have music playing over the speakers but nothing was playing so I went upstairs real quick to put something on. I put on 'Fleek' by PnB Rock and jogged back downstairs to get back to the brushes. I hummed along as I stocked the brushes. "Yass, honey!" I heard someone say. I turned around and the the transgender woman clapping. "Do that again." She commanded. Confused, I continued shelving the brushes. "I know you heard me. Do that again." She said. "Do what?" I asked. "Walk." I shrugged and walked and she started clapping her hands. "What?" I asked. "You're walk is just marvelous! Do you walk the cat walk?" "Thank you, but no." "Model at all?" "Nope." I said popping the 'p'. "Goodness, honey! How old are you?" "16 turning 17 this summer." "Oh my gawd! Here's my card. Call me anytime. Any!" She said handing me the card walking away. I looked at the card and nodded, "Thank you," I looked at the name, "Justin." Justin whipped her head around and snapped her fingers. "Them bitches put Justin? Aw hell naw! My name is fucking Nae Nae! They gone get a piece of me next time I see them!" I shouted. I smiled and nodded. "Thank you, Nae Nae." I corrected myself.  "No problem."

   Nae Nae walked out the store and I saw that Selah was glaring at me probably burning a hole into my damn head. I looked at the clock and saw that my shift was now over. I picked up the box and took off my apron and handed it to Selah. "Looks like I'm done for the day." I sighed sarcastically. Selah scoffed and walked away.

Do I want this modeling job?