Chapter 45.

•Justis•

I glared at Chres as he told me his "special news". "What, am I supposed to say congratulations?" I asked. "Yeah, that would be a nice thing to do." Chres said. "For what? Getting a girl none of us know pregnant? Saying congratulations that your dick got hard and that girl being a hoe, let you stick it in her and impregnate her when you guys barely know each other?" "No, saying congratulations that your favorite cousin is gonna be a father." "Favorite? I think not. Chresanto, you've changed. You ain't the same dude you was back in December. This Santo August? He wouldn't be here if it weren't for us. Your song, wouldn't be a "hit" if it weren't for my idea-" "So we're just putting me down now? That's how it's really gonna go?" "I'm not putting you down, I'm spitting straight facts. I'll give it to you, you can rap, you got the looks, but you don't got the heart." I said poking his heart. "If you had heart, you would've said who gave you the idea, who the song is actually about, and you would've given a shoutout to the people who supported you through everything. You're best friends." "Shut up, yo. I have more heart than you'll ever have, bruh-" "No you don't. If you had even half as much heart as me you would've told Andria how you really felt from the beginning instead of putting it all off. At first, I didn't get it, but now I do. You said let's take it slow because you wanted to experience life in LA as a single person and not have to worry about Andria at home. It took a while for me to figure it out, but I got it now." "Then I guess Jacob doesn't have a heart either."

I furrowed my eyebrows and asked, "What do you mean?" "He's doing the same thing I'm doing. You know, "leading you on"." "How?" "Because he doesn't like you. He's only being nice because he doesn't wanna hurt your feelings. I'm over Andria and she's over me. Jacob was never into you and your still into him. After he's made it clear so many times-" "Shut up." I mumbled. "What? You can't handle straight facts? Jacob doesn't want you. He never has and never will." Chres said carelessly. "What kind of cousin are you?" I asked as tears rolled down my face. "An honest one." "You're not being honest! You're being petty!" "Stop crying. Where are the tears gonna get you? Not in Jacob's arms, I know that for sure." "I hate you! You're no cousin of mine." "I never was. You weren't born into this family. You were adopted." It seemed as if the last sentence rolled off his tongue in slow motion. He's never said something so cruel to me. "You've changed Chresanto. And not for the better. Never would I have thought that I would wish you weren't in my life, but now I'm thinking it." "Okay, good to know." Chres got up and left.

     I put my head in my hands and cried. Jacob's told me before that he doesn't like me, but in the last couple weeks he's been acting like he does and it gave me hope. But obviously, it's all so he won't hurt my feelings. I should've just stopped liking him when he said he didn't like me in that way, but no. My stupid feelings stayed and now my stupid feelings are hurt.

I'm coming over -Delivered

I sent the text to Andria and didn't wait for her to answer. I put on my flip flops and told my mom where I was going.

When I was about five minutes away from Andria's house, she finally responded.

Rider👯: Rd. But btw Eric's over -Read 12:03 p.m.

I parked in front of her house and knocked on the door. Andria opened the door and she immediately pulled me in for a hug when she saw that I was crying. We went up to her room where Eric was. "Hey, Jus. What's wrong?" He asked. "A lot." I sighed. I explained everything that Chres had told me and how he said it all out of pettiness. Eric shook his head and said, "From a guys perspective, I can say that Jacob does care for you, and he's doing this so you won't feel bad, but it's not right because he's playing with your emotions." "What if we called Jacob over and told him." Andria asked. "Fine."

•Jacob•

     I got out the car and went up to Andria's door and knocked on it. She answered the door and we went up to her room. Justis and Eric sat there talking. Eric gave me a head nod and Justis didn't even look at me, but she knew I was here. "Is this about to be some intervention or something?" I asked sitting in a chair. "Something of that sort. Have you been talking to Chres lately?" Andria asked sitting on her bed. "Yeah. He told me he was gonna be a dad and I basically went off. It's fucked up." "Yeah, we know. But before he told you that, like let's say...before he released 'Amazing', were you talking to him a lot?" "Yeah. Why?" "Was he telling you stuff about how to deal with girls?" Eric asked. I thought about it for a minute then shrugged. "Here and there." "About a specific girl, maybe?"

I looked over at Justis who hadn't said anything. "Maybe. Why?" I asked slowly. "Because you need to stop." Justis said, glaring at me. "You could be really hurting that girl. She may have really deep feeling for you, and you're just acting or "playing around" if that's what you want to call it. She may think that you actually mean it and want to be with her. Don't listen, to him when it comes to girls. What does he know? If you just tell her how you actually feel then maybe her feelings wouldn't be hurt!" Justis snapped.

I sighed and figured out that Chres probably said stuff and told Justis that I was trying to make her feel better since I knew she still liked me. "Obviously, it's too late." Andria said tilting her head at Justis. "Can I talk to her privately?" I asked. Eric and Andria left the room, leaving me and Justis. "Jus, I really am sorry. I shouldn't have listened to Chres and put you through that mess. What he put Andria through should've been a big red flag, but you can tell I completely ignored it." "You shouldn't have even let Chres give you advice. He may get "all the honeys", but that's cause he's good looking. He doesn't know what it's like to have a girl reject him. We all been friends since y'all was ugly as hell. You should know a real one when you see her, and she was right in front of your face the whole freaking time. And now...I don't even wanna look at you." "So what're you saying?" "Get out my face and don't hit my line up." I shook my head and licked over my lips.

" I shook my head and licked over my lips

    "No, why would I do that?" I asked. "I'm so serious, yo. Don't fucking talk to me, cause I'm not tryna get my hopes up again." "What about the studio?" "School's about to start, and there won't be as many lessons unless it's on the weekend. That's the only time I want to have to speak to you." "Aight, bet. I'll see you when I see you." I got off the bed and went downstairs where Andria and Eric were. "See y'all." I said before leaving. "What'd Justis say?" Andria asked. "Not to talk to her or hit her line up." I shrugged. "Oh," Andria sighed, "I'll try to reason with her. Love you." She hugged me and I hugged her back. "Love you too." I turned around and looked up the stairs and Justis was standing there looking. "Love you, Jus." I said before putting the peace sign up then leaving.