Chapter 29.

•Aaron•

   I sat at the quad trying to study for a test I had in just half an hour. When summer comes I'm planning on focusing completely on basketball so I can get to NBA drafts.

   "Babe! Look at this! I'm so jealous of her." My girlfriend, Daijah said shoving her phone in my face. I backed up and squinted at her phone since it was directly in front of the sun. "What is it?" I asked, looking back down at my textbook. "I'm on The Shade Rooms Instagram. Since like Monday morning they've been posting about this girl. She knows the Kardashian's, Jenners, Drake, and has a sexy boyfriend-" "Why you keep calling other nigga's sexy?" I asked. This isn't the first time I've heard her saying some nigga sexy and shit and it's making me question. "Chill. It was just a statement. I'd never leave you." "Better not." "But as I was saying. She is dumb pretty. Like, whoever her parents are. Bless their genes cause they did a good job on her. Then I went on her Instagram and her sister is pretty too. She has a couple other siblings too. They're all adorable. She's mixed, but the second to youngest looks more black than the others..." I zoned Daijah out as I studied.

She always goes on and on. She knows how to keep a conversation though. "Aaron! Are you even listening?" Daijah said taking my textbook. "Yo, give me my shit man!" I shouted. I'm trying to pass this class because I really want to have good enough grades to leave this summer. "Who are you talking to like that?" Daijah asked. "Sorry. Can I have my book? I paid for that." She set it back down and I saw that she was on my Instagram like 30 weeks in. "You stalking me?" I asked, taking her phone. "No, I'm-" "Lurking?" "No, Aaron, I'm-" "Creeping?" "No, muh'fucka! Would you let me finish my fucking sentence!?" I gave her a stank look before I let her continue. "I'm investigating." Daijah said, calming herself down. "Investigating what, though?" "You, dummy." "Why?" "Because I don't know everything about you." "You could just ask me anything you want to know." She raised an eyebrow and took her phone back. I saw her scrolling around and she handed my phone back. She was on a picture and it was of Mia and I, when we lived together. "Who's that?" Daijah asked. "My ex." "More detail?" "What do you want to know about her?" I asked, getting aggravated. "What was she like? Did she treat you right? How long were you two together? Was she good in the bed? Anything really." "She was cool to be around. Of course she treated me right, but I took advantage of that. We were together for two years, and I don't know. We never had sex." "How could you guys be in a relationship and never have sex?"

That's the thing about Daijah. She's willing to give herself up, even if she knows the guy isn't committed. I don't want to do anything with her until I actually know she isn't cheating. "It's actually easy, you see. Don't think that giving yourself up is going to trap a nigga. Because believe me, I know." I don't care how much shade I threw with that statement, I didn't want to talk about Mia. Even though she was respectful with the way she broke up with me, I still don't want to talk about her. "Well she's the girl I was talking about." Daijah said, rolling her eyes. "What girl?" Rolling her eyes once more she said, "When I was telling you she knows the Kardashian's and Jenner's. She's the girl."

Since when does she know them? I thought. "She just released a song too. It's pretty good." "Who's her boyfriend?" I asked. Daijah handed me her phone and she was on Mia's Instagram. I had noticed that she got a lot more followers and changed her name to Princesspiamia. A video played and she was in the car with I guess her boyfriend. I started scrolling through her feed and when I got far enough down I still saw pictures of us together. I hadn't taken down the pictures of us together either, so I felt better knowing she hadn't. "Why'd you want to see her boyfriend?" "He don't even hold her right." I mumbled. "What'd you say?" "Nothing." "Sure didn't sound like it. Can we go out?" "We are out." "I'm mean like out on a date." "Isn't that what this is?" "You're not even paying attention to me." "Listen, I have a test I need to take." "It's not my fault you procrastinate." "I had other stuff on my mind." "Like basketball. Which is stupid by the way. Like you just dribble around and have guys all up on you-" "I have a test to take, which I'll be late for if I don't leave now, so bye."