Chapter 27.

•Andria•

I was in my room scrolling through my Instagram feed, then I went into Justis' page. Most of the stuff she posts is her dancing with some of her other friends or a few selfies, but I came across a video. It was just a black screen and Chres was singing 'Oui' and his page was tagged. I raised my eyebrows and went to Jacob's page to see the exact same thing. I shook my head and texted Justis to send me the video. When she sent it I saved it and posted it on Instagram and tagged Chres.

   I grew curious about him singing the song so I went on his page and he had it too, but he had put a screenshot of a YouTube channel up. I guess he opened a YouTube and didn't bother to tell me. He is probably the definition of petty. I went on YouTube and went onto his channel to see that he had posted 3 videos already and he had a handful of subscribers, views, and likes already. I would congratulate him, but since he wants to be petty I'll be petty too.

...A Week Later...

   I walked through the hallway to get to my next class when a girl named Jewel came up to me. "Yes?" I asked. If I had an attitude I didn't mean to have one, it's just that I'm trying to get to class because I'll be late in two minutes, Jewel and I never talk, and it's that time of month so I've been snappy all day. "Well hello to you too." Jewel said. "Do you need something?" I asked, picking up my pace. "Yup." Jewel started walking faster so she'd be right next to me. "What?" "Tell Chres about me." I stopped walking and scrunched up my face. "Who's that?" "Chres." "I don't know a Chres." I shrugged, continuing to walk. "Chres. You're his friend." "Doesn't ring a bell." "Oh my gosh! Chresanto August! You're always with him, you two obviously liked each other, he just moved. Chresanto August!" "Sorry. Maybe you should ask someone else. I knew Chresanto August." "Well why the hell don't you know him anymore?" "Because he's Santo August apparently. Santo August is rude, conceited, cocky, and petty. Chresanto August is nice, down to earth, humble, and a fucking savage. He's gone now." "Well since you don't like Santo August and you don't know Chresanto August. Tell Santo that I DM'd him and I wanna hook up." Without letting me respond Jewel left.

   I checked my clock and of course I was now late for class. This is my third time being late to this class in the last three days. And almost for the exact same reason! For some reason all the girls choose to come up to me right when I need to get to algebra, which happens to be the class I'm nearly failing. When I walked into the classroom the whole class looked at me and Ms. Huff, our algebra teacher, looked at me. "Why are you late?" Ms. Huff asked. "I couldn't get my locker open." I lied. "Funny. That was your excuse yesterday, and the day before. I don't think you've been late to any other class besides this one in the last three days." "It always gets stuck. It's just that this class is farther away from my locker than the other classes." Which isn't a lie. "Maybe you should invest in a new lock for your locker, and some running sneakers so you can get to class faster. I'll see you after class." I rolled my eyes and took my seat in the back.

   When class was over I stayed in my seat until Ms. Huff called my name. "Do you know why I had you stay behind Andria?" Ms. Huff asked. I continued looking at her and shrugged. "Andria, how old are you?" "16." I mumbled. "You're all the way in the back and you refuse to come to my desk, so you're going to have to speak up." "16!" I shouted. "So why are you lying and saying your lock was stuck?" "I'm going to be late to my next class." "Answer the question." "Can you write me a pass please?" "Why are you lying to me?" "Why are you interrogating me?" "Andria, I'm sorry but with this attitude I'm going to have to write you up for a detention." "While you're at it can you write me a late pass." Ms. Huff slammed the pen down on her desk and shook her head. "What is going on with you?" "Nothing." "So why are you acting so hard headed?" "How am I acting hard headed. Just because I'm asking if you could write a late pass too I'm hard headed? Oh...ok." "You're being disrespectful." "No I'm not." "Is there something going on at home?" "That's none of your business about what goes on at home." "I know that. But-" "But nothing. As a teacher there are some lines you don't cross. I think you've crossed the line. Now go back, find the line, and get back on the side you're supposed to be on."