Chapter 33.

•Andria•

I can't believe they want me to work on Easter. Out of all the days, Easter. Luckily, I only had to work until 12:00, so I only had an hour left. Somehow, I managed to get this job at this M.A.C Cosmetics in uptown New York. I have to describe the makeup to the customers if they want to know, give my opinion and recommendation, and put it on them if they want me to. I do get to get some products for 80% off though.

  "Hello twin!" Maria waved when she saw me

  "Hello twin!" Maria waved when she saw me. I wasn't doing anything at the moment because like I said it's Easter and people are with their families. I was just sitting in the vanity checking my phone every so often. I waved back and Maria's weird self skipped over to me. "What're you doing here?" I asked. "Well I live 5 minutes away and mom already left to Abuela's. So I thought I'd come see you and leave with you when your shift is over." "Oh cool." "Can you do my makeup?" "Yup." I started her makeup and we sung 'PILLOWTALK' by ZAYN.

   When I finished I only had 5 minutes left in my shift. I cleaned up my area and went to the break room. I took my makeup apron off and hung it up in my locker, then clocked out. Maria and I walked out the building and waited for the Septa. When we got on the bus we paid and took our seats. "How's Chres?" Maria asked. I scoffed at his name and started explaining everything to her. "He sounds like a shithead." Some random lady said. "I agree." Maria said. Our stop came up and we got off. "I want to like him. I really do. But it's like he's all the way in one state then I'm here, and he says let's take it slow. Does that mean when he comes back he wants to be together?" "Honey no. It means he doesn't want you talking to other guys because he wants you to stay loyal to him, while he goes and fucks around with other girls. Then when he's ready to be committed he'll come to you because he knows you've been waiting." "In the end we still end up together." "Stop being naïve. You know what I'm trying to say you just don't want to believe it." I rolled my eyes as we walked up the steps to my Abuela's house. We walked in and the smell of all this Spanish food hit me. Spanish music played and I heard my Abuela yelling through it all.

    We went to the kitchen and our moms were getting yelled at in Spanish. Maria and I laughed as my mom got hit with a wooden spoon on her arm. Abuela looked at us then gave us bowls of something to mix. According to Abuela after you hit 15 you start cooking. In her household at least. Mia came from downstairs and into the kitchen. She started beating the dough when Aunt Mel asked, "So how do you like being in Los Angeles?" Her accent was just as thick as my moms. "It's fun. Way hotter though." "You have boyfriend?" Abuela asked. She can speak English, but normally when she does it's incorrect. "Yup. His name's Trey." "We meet him, today." "He's with his family-" "We meet him, today." "I can see." Mia said walking off raising her phone to her ear. "Andria, boyfriend?" "No, Abuela. I don't have a boyfriend." I said. "Ah, we find you one. Maria, boyfriend?" "Nope. I'm a free bird." Maria said spinning around. "We make you not free bird." "Andria, I thought you and Chres were dating." Mom said, chopping onions. "No, mom. We were never dating." "You sure?" "Yes, mom I'm sure!" My eyes started to tear up as I thought about what Maria told me. "Honey, are you alright?" Aunt Mel asked. "Yeah, just the onions." I said wiping my eyes. "Oh. Well why don't you two get out of here. We got it from here."

Maria and I went outside and sat on the steps. "Andria!" Duchess said running out here. She has so much energy for just a two year old. "Yes?" I asked picking her up. "I wanna play." Duchess said, pointing to the guys across the street playing basketball. "Duchess, you can't they're too old for you." "But not for me." Maria said. She went into the house and soon came out and went over to the boys. She pointed over to the house and they nodded. All the boys started coming over and going to the back of the house. "What're they doing?" I asked. "Well to get them to notice us, I asked Abuela if she needed anything to be cleaned and she said the garage, so they're cleaning the garage for 10 dollars a piece. Then we get them waters or something when they're done and we start talking." "Wow." "They're cute." "Yeah, I guess." "What the heck, Dri. Live a little. You're not tied down to Chresanto." "That bum ass nigga?" A voice said. We both turned around and Eric was standing there. "What're you doing here?" I asked. "Cleaning her grandmoms garage. What're you doing here?" "We're cousins. You live around here?" "No, I'm at my Uncle's for Easter." "How do you guys know each other?" Maria asked. "We go to the same school." Eric answered. "Damn. Your school got all the fine boys." Maria whispered to me. Duchess got off my lap and hugged Eric. "And he's good with kids too." Maria whispered again. Eric laughed and said, "You can't whisper. I'm Eric." "Maria. What do you have against Chresanto?" "He thinks we have some rivalry going on, but I just don't like him. And he disrespected Andria, cause he's jealous." "He disrespected you?" "Remember what I told you?" "Oh dang. I can't believe he said that. He's supposed to be your friend." "That's what I thought." "Well I have to get back to cleaning, so I'll see you later." "I go too!" Duchess said. "Duchess, you can't." Maria said. "She can come. I'll make sure she stays out the way." Eric said. "You sure?" I asked. "Yeah. It'll be no problem." "Ok. Duchess, listen to Eric." "I will!" Duchess smiled, taking Eric's hand.

When Eric walked back to the back of the house, Maria nudged me. "He was feeling you, girl!" She smiled. "Nah. We're just friends." "For now." Maria started making kissing faces. "You do too much." I laughed. "The hell you mean you're already on your way?" I heard Mia shout. Maria and I went over to her and she was still yelling. "How could you be on your way if you don't have fucking directions?" Maria and I looked between each other the looked back at Mia. "You know what? Whatever. I'll text it to you." Mia hung up her phone and sighed. "You alright?" I asked. "No. I guess Trey didn't trust me, because he was on his way before I even called him." "Did he tell you why?" Maria asked. "All he said was 'We need to talk' then I said 'Ok, can you come down to New York? My family wants to meet you' and he went 'I'm on my way already' and that's when we started arguing." "Maybe it's really important, which made him leave before you called." "Whatever." Mia got on her phone and started texting probably sending Trey the address. Mia went back into the house and we sat back down on the steps.

We were listening to 'Acquainted' by The Weeknd when a white convertible pulled up. A guy who I'm guessing is Trey got out. I can't even lie, he is cute. Maria was right about it probably being important because he stormed up the steps and went into the house. Maria and I looked at each other and got up.

This will be interesting.