Chapter 6

"Humanity is but a single brotherhood, so make peace with your brethren" {Quran- 49:10}

Don't be that one person that creates unnecessary drama. Please don't.

Rahmat's POV

"Look, can we just get one thing straight, Aseef is a stuck up nuisance to the human species"

"Says the person who spent a half an hour talking about him without breaks" Maryam replied.

"Its only been like 10 minutes....right?" I questioned.

"No, you've been blabbing away while typing that paper of yours"

"Well that's only because I strongly dislike him" I replied.

"The lies. I can see it right through you" she responded with a smirk.

"OH MY LORD, I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE THINKING! ASTAGFIRULLAH!" I hollered.

"I never said anything"

"Yes but your smirk hints it all"

"You're delusional"

"YOU'RE IN LOVVVVEEEE" she sang.

"Astagfirullah, astagfirullah astagfirullah" I sang covering my ears.

After a few seconds of yelling, I noticed Maryam stopped and went back to work. I did so as well.

I worked until I received a text from Hadaf, saying I had to be home for supper.

I said my farewells to Maryam and I started heading out.

The hallways were empty which made them look wider than they actually seemed.

I had to walk to the entrance of the school campus which meant I had to walk at least 3 blocks. Great.

As I had been walking, I encountered 2 guys who started pointing at me and whispering.

One one tall  with glasses and looked like a nerd, which frankly, isn't a bad thing. The other one looked average with his sweatshirt and jeans.

Suddenly, one of them, the nerd, spoke up.

"Excuse me, are you the one who is currently engaged to Aseef?"

"Yes" I answered lowering my gaze.

"Well, we just want to let you know, he isn't who you think he is" the other one spoke.

I debated on whether I should let them go on. I stayed silent.

"He has a girlfriend..." the nerd said.

"Her name is Jennifer" the average one added.

"Does she go to our uni?" I asked.

Somehow, I was kind of annoyed. Why would he agree to this if he has a girlfriend?

He was forced.

Right...

"Yeah she does. They're all over each other. We think your really nice and we just thought you should know" they said.

I had a feeling that somehow, they were gonna do something. They were being  kind of suspicious.

"Are you alright?" said the nerd coming closer.

He took off his glasses.

What.

I started backing away and silently praying that nothing happens.

The average looking one took off his hoodie.

Oh lord...

Please protect me.