Chapter 15

"It is not the eyes that are blind, but the hearts" {Quran- 22:46}

Rahmat's POV

He turned around and looked at me. He looked like a mess, both emotionally and physically, but somehow he still managed to look beautiful.

I ran up to him, pried the knife out of his hands and threw it out of his room. Then, I did what I felt.

I hugged him.

I held onto him tightly as he slowly lifted his arms to hug back. I could hear his heavy breaths and his heart beat was steady.

I pulled away and looked up at him. He looked so hurt...and....

broken...

pained....

His face was tear stained and his eyes were red and swollen.

I could hold back my tears.

"P-p-please...never ever think about doing that" I stuttered.

I cupped his face, and he was just staring at me, however I could not read his emotions.

"Aseef, promise me you'll never do that again?" I said, before continuing on into loud sobs.

He shed a few tears, and I wiped them away.

"I can't take it anymore" he whispered.

I gestured for him to hug me again, and this time, he eagerly hugged back and cried on my shoulders.

I rubbed his back and comforted him. After a couple of minutes, I pulled away.

"You need to sleep, in the meantime, I will cancel work tomorrow. You're staying home" I said.

"No I can go" he said.

"No you cannot" I said.

I cupped his face, and he rest his hand on mine.

"You're not going anywhere" I said.

I took his hand and took him to bed.
After he laid down, I texted the company manager and told them he was sick.

His eyes twinkled and there was glint of contentment in his eyes. He was looking at me while he was under the covers, getting comfy.

"Alright, you go to sleep, okay? I'll see you in a few hours" I said with a smile.

I got up, and proceeded to leave, until I felt a cold hand grasp my arm. I turned around and looked at him.

Slowly and calmly, he whispered "don't leave me alone....."

He then scooted over and patted next to him and expected me to get into bed with him.

At that moment, I started to process his actions and I began to turn red.

He smiled and my heart melted. Then he proceeded in grabbing my hand and pulling me in bed.

My red face deepened in its color and I realized I was inches away from Aseef, facing his beautiful structured face with the think eyelashes, dark hair, and jawline. And he smelled  good.

Breath Rahmat....Breath!

He was staring back at me as well, and slowly, I began to feel my eyes shut. Before I knew it, I was drowned in a deep slumber.

***********************

I woke up, and I looked at the clock. It was exactly 12 PM, and the first thing I thought of, was Aseef.