Chapter 10

"If you are grateful, I will give you more" {Quran- 14:7}

Be thankful that you are not currently dying in the bombings and terrorist attacks of Syria and Palestine. Be thankful that you have food, clothing, friends, and family. No one truly understands what they have, until they've lost it. But don't be the person that realizes it when it's lost. Take some time to be grateful towards your surroundings and what you have.

Aseef's POV

I saw her. She was glowing. She was radiant. I couldn't help but notice her and my heart throbbed.

During the ceremony, I couldn't focus one bit. I was very nervous however I somehow managed to get though it all. Honestly, I felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off my chest.

"Woah dude, congratulations! Never thought you'd be getting married" said my best friend, Noor.

"Especially to a hottie" he said with a wink.

"Have you been checking her out?" I mumbled with an edge to my voice.

"I knew you'd get jealous. Nah I got me some respect. But I did hear you and her had a little thing going on when you were little" he said smirking.

"Oh shut up, I know better than to let girls consume my feelings. I'm a man" I replied with my own smirk.

Noor and I laughed a bit more and a couple of other friends arrived. We all had a good laugh and then it was time for us to leave.

"I'm going to miss you Bhabi" she mumbled in her Bhabi's arms.

"I will miss you too, call me everyday"
she responded after breaking into tears.

Hadaf walked to me and then said, "be careful with my sister. You don't know half the things that happened in the past. Take care of her, and try not to hurt her."

I admired their sibling relationship.

"No problem" I responded, giving him a hug.

I decided to go change into a suit because the cultural attire I was wearing, was suffocating me and I felt very uncomfortable.

After I came back, people were still congratulating the bride and saying their farewells, although, the atmosphere remained tense.

A limo was taking us home and I knew the car ride would be awkward. Somehow I didn't feel as confident as I was a few days back. My stomach is doing a bunch of turns and flips.

Rahmat, slowly fixed her scarf and then got into the car.

After her, I got in as well. Her gaze was directed at me. Her big, hazel eyes looked at me with pure confusion.

I just wanted to melt.

Why do I sound like a pathetic little school girl? This is disgusting.

"Why do you have your shirt on backwards?" she asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You literally have your shirt under your suit, on backwards"

"How would you know that? Huh? Were you checking me out?" I challenged, with a wide smirk on my face.

"Oh please, don't flatter yourself. I only noticed because the stitch lines are visible"

"Oh mhmm" I muttered.

She glared at me and then smirked.

"You think you're all that, don't you?" she mumbled.

"Well that's going to change" she added.