Chapter 27

"No amount of guilt can change the past, and no amount of worry can change the future"
-Umar Ibn Khattab (RA)

Dua is all we have.

Rahmat's POV

*Flashback/Dream*

A couple of days before the accident, Hadaf and I had gone to the supermarket to get some food for ourselves. Considering the fact that our parents didn't care, we had to feed ourselves.

As we were walking to the market, Hadaf's phone rang and he handed me the phone.

"Hello?" I whispered into the phone.

"Why are you whispering? Its only me" he said.

"Aseef" I said, giggling, like the youth I was.

"I got this new pokemon card set, and I was hoping you and Hadaf could come over later" he said.

"That sounds nice but my sister won't allow us, because she wants us to go to her beauty pageant" I said to him.

Aseef sighed through the phone.

"Tomorrow? Maybe you guys can even stay over tomorrow!" he said.

By the way he was talking, it was evident he was flashing that hopeful smile of his.

"Yeah, sure thing, tomorrow I'm free all day!" I said, excited.

"Yes!" he yelled in his victory tone.

I laughed, and I saw Hadaf smile, next to me.

"Well I gotta go eat now, I'll talk to you later" I said.

"Okay bye!"

"Bye" I said, and hung up the phone, and handing it to my brother.

"He makes you smile different" Hadaf said.

"Different?" I said.

"Yeah" he said, pointing to my smile.

"The way you smile with the world, is different from how he makes you smile" Hadaf continued.

"If you're implying what I think you're implying, then no I do not like him" I said.

"Oh come on, stop acting like you don't like him. You totally have a crush on him. He probably does too. He's always talking about you" Hadaf said.

"That's cause we're best friends, of course he'd talk about me. I'm amazing" I said, with my playful smile.

Hadaf rolled his eyes, and we walked into the store.

Hadaf and I went our separate ways, into this medium sized market, if that makes any sense.

I was walking, thinking about tonight's pageant, until I bumped into someone.

"Ouch! Can you watch where you're —" he said, but then paused.

He looked about a year or two older than Hadaf, almost my sister's age.

"I-im sorry. I didn't mean to" I said.

"No, no, I'm sorry, I didn't think I bumped into a girl" he said.

What he just said, pissed me off.

"Oh, so just because I'm a girl, means I deserve special treatment? Listen, you should be treating everyone the same" I said.