Chapter 29

"Smiling is a form of sadaqah (charity)" -Muhammed (SAW)

It saddens me to think about our society today. If we try smiling at someone, just out of the kindness of our heart, sometimes, we are automatically considered "creepy" or "strange". Alhamdulilah though, there are still people who smile back when someone smiles at them. You should totally try it sometime. :)

Rahmat's POV

I woke up from a deep slumber, only to find Aseef, peacefully sleeping next to me.

He looked so beautiful. I wish I could take a picture, but I was too busy enjoying the moment.

"Hey" he said, as his eyes slowly fluttered open.

"Hi" I smiled.

"Today's wedding day!" I said.

"I thought we were already married" he said, rubbing his eyes.

"Not ours, you Aseefhole, it's Ameera's" I said.

"Aseefhole?" he said, looking amused.

"Yes" I replied.

He sat up and looked at me.

"Are you feeling better?" he asked.

He was referring to last night.

"Yeah, alhamdulilah, I guess I just needed to let all of it out" I replied.

"I'll kill him the next time I see him" Aseef growled.

"Please don't" I said.

"Why?"

"He's not worth your time" I said, with a smile.

"But he can't just get away with something like tha-"

"Aseef, its okay, violence is not always the answer" I said.

He smiled at me.

"I have a surprise for you" he said.

"What is the surprise?"

He got up, and went to the closet, only to pull out something wrapped in tin foil.

"I know its not much...and I know its wrapped in tin foil, I went to the dollar shop but couldn't find any gift wrapping paper so I used foil...and I know its not that much....and uhh....if you don't like it we could return in and I'll just buy you something else....I did try though...but I don't know if you are going to like the color....and it took me a while....to...well....choose it....and-" he rambled.

I laughed at his constant rambling, and then he stopped and his face began to turn red. He smiled and scratched his neck. I grinned back.

"Tin foil?" I said laughing.

"Yeah" he mumbled, fiddling with his hands.

I opened up the tin foil packaging, only to reveal a beautiful silver dress, which was gorgeous. Under the dress was a beautiful black hijab along with an amazing head piece.

My jaw dropped.

"Do you like it....?" he asked.

I looked up at him and with my eyes as wide as the Pacific Ocean. I was rendered speechless.

He sighed.

"I guess we have to go return it" he said.

"NO" I yelled.

"I just don't know what to say...its beautiful" I said, smiling.

My smile was as wide as the Indian Ocean. Slowly his mouth curved into a smile, and I hugged the dress.