Chapter 22

"And we created you in pairs" {Quran- 78:8}

Rahmat's POV

"Okay they're asleep!" he said, walking into the living room, while I was watching TV.

"K" I responded.

He snatched remote from my hands and shut the TV off.

"May I please watch Teen Wolf?" I asked.

"Not until you tell me why you've been avoiding me all day" he replied.

I sighed and reached for the remote but he just took it out of my reach.

"Aseef" I begged.

"No, this has been driving me crazy all day. You're driving me insane" he said.

"Your point is?" I asked.

He threw the remote across the room and gave me a look signaling me to explain.

I let out a huge sigh.

Here comes word vomit. Cue my rambling.

"You know, I just don't know what to feel. I hate you because you make me feel tingly and whenever you touch me, my stomach does 360 degree turns.....you know like those baking timers.....and I just want to faint because your smile makes me melt. Whenever you compliment me.......I feel like a marathon runner who just won a world championship. And I honestly know I'm screwed...b...because I thought I knew what crushes felt like even though what I feel now isn't a crush, its way, way more than that.....I think I'm starting to love you and now I just wanna scream because I've never felt this before. Its all cause of you! And now I'm rumbling, look at me, woohoo....I don't know what to say any more...I'm so confused....and my mind is like blah blah blah......and you're horrible for making me do this.......you know, now I can't even—"

"Stop..." He said, holding a hand up.

He looked at me, wide eyed. I was out of breath.

When I calmed down, we just looked at each other, no words exchanged. After what seemed like years, he finally broke the silence.

"So...that's why you've been avoiding me all day?" he asked, looking at the ground.

"YES!" I hollered, with a sigh, and now I felt like crying.

My eyes felt heavy as they filled with tears. I don't even know why I'm crying.

"Because you think you're starting to fall for me?" he asked again.

I turned around, my back to him.

"Yes" I replied.

"And I—"

"I SAID YES" I mumbled.

"I'm going to bed" I said.

Before I could walk away, I felt a strong hand grasp my arm.

I turned around and he looked at me, with an emotion I could not read.

He pulled me closer to him and leaned in, until his lips were inches away from mine.

"I love you too" he mumbled, before closing in on the space between us.

His soft lips took over, and I was about to faint.

Ya Allah, I'm about to faint.

His lips and mine moved in sync.

So that's what kissing feels like...

The kiss got deeper and deeper, until, we both pulled away breathless to our limit.

We both looked flushed and I didn't care. Right now, I just wanted to feel that again.