Chapter 19

"And walk not on the earth with conceit and arrogance. Verily you can neither rend or penetrate the earth, nor can you attain a statue like the mountains in height" {Quran- 17:37}

It is okay to love yourself. But do not love yourself to the point of arrogance and thinking you are righteous than anyone else. In character, they'll probably be better then you. Their connection with Allah might be better then you. :p

Rahmat's POV

I woke up to a snoring Aseef, right next to me.

It was 10 AM, and I slowly got up and prepared myself.

I gathered some painkillers and a glass of water and set it by his nightstand. I went downstairs to prepare breakfast.

After preparing breakfast, I put it on a tray and went upstairs to his room. I set the tray down.

He looked so beautiful while he was asleep. He looked so innocent and man, I was lucky to wake up to him like that.

I quickly remembered back to when he was drunk last night. Fighting back the urge to cry for him, I grabbed a prayer mat and prayed zuhr.

I could hear his snores as I prayed and when I had been making dua, I heard something shuffling.

Ameen

I got up from the prayer mat, and looked at Aseef.

He stared right back at me, as he was holding his head and groaning in pain.

He looked so good, with the messy bed hair, and the eyes.

I need to stop.

I out the prayer mat away, and I grabbed the pain killers and water.

"Rise and shine" I said.

"What's going on?"

"You know, can't you be even a little considerate" I began, with am edge to my voice.

"Wha-"

"SHUT UP, LET ME SPEAK"

His eyes widened and he instantly shut his mouth.

"You know what you did last night was stupid! For god's sake, were you trying to intoxicate yourself! Aren't you even the slightest bit aware that what you did, could've seriously killed you!

If I didn't find you in time, you could've been seriously poisoned by the amount of alcohol you were consuming!

I swear, I can't stand seeing you like this! I can't stand seeing you so hurt and in pain. I can't stand it at all" I said.

At this point, my tears were at the corner of my eyes, threatening to fall and I couldn't control them.

When I think back to last night and the last thing he said to me, I just want to break down and scream.

I remained in his chest as he held me close.

"Stop drinking, stop cutting, and stop doubting yourself. I hate it. I hate that you don't realize how amazing you are" I whispered into his chest.

I looked at him to see him looking right at me.

"I can't believe you almost killed yourself, two times, all without thinking about how I really care about you" I yelled.

"I-im sorry..." he mumbled into my head.

"Hell yeah, you should be. You always have me worried" I muttered.

I looked him in the eye and said "you don't need to be perfect for anyone. Don't let yourself tell you that you're not good enough. You'll always be Aseef, please don't forget that."