Chapter 11

"The hijab is not about oppression, but freedom from evil eyes"
-Unknown

The hijab is a type of cloth worn to cover the head. Many, well known religious figures would wear the hijab, such as Maryam RA (Mother of Jesus PBUH).

The concept of the hijab is commonly mistaken as a type of oppression. This is false. Yes, in some cultures, this idea is forced upon women, when that's haraam. No one is to force it upon anyone. Women need to find it in themselves to wear it.

There are numerous reasons as to why women choose to wear it, such as preservation of beauty, protection from the evil eye, modesty, etc.

Rahmat's POV

"YOU IDIOT! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!?" I shrieked.

He looked lost and confused.

SERIOUSLY?!

"WHY AREN'T YOU RESPONDING?!"

Then...I realized I was the idiot.

He was staring in complete awe. He  was looking at my hair.

I instantly heated up and he turned around.

"I'm sorry" he choked out.

Then he turned around and started walking.

"Aseef wait" I mumbled.

He stopped dead in his tracks. Without turning around he answered with a simple "what."

"Never mind" I managed to choke out.

After that, I made a run for my bedroom. I quickly shut the door and took a deep breath.

A million questions flooded through my brain and I was utterly confused. I decided to take a shower seeing as this whole situation was stressing me.

After my shower, I slipped into some PJs and I prayed.

Prayer helps with everything.

Oh my lord, please give me the strength to deal with this new life and allow me to survive this new life and bear the challenges with it.

After prayer, I made my way downstairs. Aseef's parent's were sleeping over at a family member's house for the next few weeks.

As soon as I made my way downstairs, I wandered into the kitchen and witnessed a dark figure.

My heart started to beat rapidly.

OH MY ALLAH, WHAT IF IT WAS A JINN!

I grabbed the pack of oreos as it was the nearest item to my left.

"LA ILAHA ILALAHHHH" I yelled as I threw the oreos.

"OH MY GOD" yelled a deep male voice.

The lights turned on and I fell to the ground.

"ARE YOU CRAZY! WHAT ON EARTH—" he yelled.

"REALLY?! COMING FROM THE GUY WHO'S JUST SITTING IN THE DARK LIKE AN ABSOLUTE CREEP! OH MY GOD, I ACTUALLY THOUGHT YOU WERE A JINN"

"WELL I WAS EATING SOME ICE CREAM AND I HAPPEN TO FALL ASLEEP OK....?" he mumbled.

"Goodness I just came in here to get some water and then this just happens. And look, my hair is all tangled and I just brushed it! You always do this!" I yelled.

"DO WHAT!?"

"YOU ALWAYS ANNOY ME SOMEHOW! YOU JUST IRK ME!" I yelled.

"THATS AN OVERSTATEMENT, IF ANYONE ANNOYS ANYONE, IT IS YOU WHO ANNOYS ME!"