Chapter 13

"Every soul shall taste death"
{Quran- 3:185}

Death will happen to everyone eventually. It's not something you can avoid. Inshallah, may the lord grant us Jannah, forgive our sins, and have mercy upon us all. Ameen.

Rahmat's POV

The rest of the car ride was pretty silent. No words or glances were exchanged.

Aseef finally broke the silence by saying "I don't understand."

"What do you mean you don't understand?" I replied.

"It's nothing"

"I'm hungry" I blurted.

"So?"

"I'm going to make dinner, any suggestions?" I murmured.

"Anything" he said.

"Really? Anything? Because the last time you said that, you forced me to make something else" I growled.

"Hey princess, check your attitude before you speak to me" he said.

"Sorry Prince, didn't mean to speak so harshly. I truly apologize" I said sarcastically.

"Okay, what is wrong with you?" he growled.

I sighed.

The car came to a stop as we finally arrived home. The second we stepped in, I was pushed against the wall. Talk about deja vu.

"What have I told you about talking to me that way?" he whispered in my ear.

I wasn't scared, to be completely honest.

"Blah blah blah" I whispered back.

"Let me ask, who is more superior? You, or I?" he growled.

I still wasn't scared.

"Me" I said with a smirk.

He sighed and let me go.

"You won, now what do you want?" he growled.

I chuckled and his expression softened.

"Tell me what you want for dinner" I asked.

"I want a sandwich" he muttered.

"Oka-"

"I'm making it myself" he cut me off.

With that, he ran upstairs. I followed him and went to my room, to freshen up, change, and do wudhu.

I changed into some Nike shorts, and a white t-shirt. I threw an abaya, and headscarf over myself, and prayed isha.

After prayer, I took off my praying clothes, and headed downstairs. I saw Aseef in the kitchen as he was in some pajama pants, and a white t-shirt. His dark hair was sticking out in random places and his stubble was slightly visible.

"Good, you are here" he said without turning around.

I looked at the table. There was food.

"Food!" I screamed.

"Yes...food" he muttered.

He turned around, and eyed me from head to toe. I turned a bit pink under his gaze. His eyes wandered back to mine, and we locked gazes for a good minute, before I broke away. He looked away, but I could see that he was blushing as well.

He didn't look so bad himself.

Okay okay, his presence right now made my heart swell. I don't know why. These are some really crazy hormones.