Chapter 28

"He who avoids complaints, invites happiness" -Abu Bakr (RA)

Sometimes as human beings, when a certain situation happens, we instantly say things like"I hate my life." This is not right. This shows Allah that we are not grateful for the things we do have. May Allah forgive us for saying things like that. Be thankful for what you have. ;)

Rahmat's POV

*Flashback/Dream Contd.*

Two years after the accident, I was in my second year of highschool, and Hadaf was in college. He went to a very good college near my school. It was known for the smarties.

At this point, my parents were ignoring us. They didn't care about us at all.
They hated Hadaf and I very much.

I had been walking to school, and then I saw Maryam and ran up to her. Hugging the life out of her, I said "Marmar! You're back!"

She was back from her recent trip to Bangladesh.

She laughed and hugged me back.

"I missed you too!" she yelled.

I smiled and we walked into school together.

"Rahmat?" said another male voice.

I turned around.

Oh my god..

"Karim?" I said.

"Hi Rahmat" he said.

My eyes widened.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I'm interning here" he replied.

"Oh"

He smiled and I lowered my gaze. I was very annoyed with him. And not to mention, the bad vibes from him were there.

"I just want to say, I'm sorry about saying those things to you a few years back. I didn't mean to hurt you in anyway. I was just head over heels for your sister" he said.

"Yeah I noticed" I replied.

"How is Hadaf?" he asked.

"Alhamdulilah, he's great" I replied.

"That sounds nice" he replied.

"Yeah"

"So you go to school here?" he asked.

"Yeah...its a great school" I said.

"I know, this is my old school" he said.

And then the first bell rang, meaning I had to go to class.

"Well Rahmat, I would love to get to know you even more soon, see you around" he said.

Karim scurried away.

I turned around to face Maryam and we began to walk to class.

"Karim huh?" she said.

"He was the kid who gave us bad vibes" I clarified.

"He likes you" she said.

"Stop Maryam, astagfirullah, I'm only 15, he's like what, 19?" I said.