Chapter 16

"You do not do evil to those who do evil to you, but you deal with them with forgiveness and kindness"
-Muhammed (SAW)

Forgiveness is not a sign of weakness, rather it is a sign of strength. Sometimes, we can't find it in ourselves to forgive certain people for the things they've done. But if Allah can forgive us for being stupid, and if the prophet can forgive those who questioned his role in Islam, then we can surely forgive those who are ill mannered towards us.

In the past, I've used this method against certain people. I've used kindness and forgiveness towards people. Yet, they've looked at me like I'm weak and scared to fight back. Don't buy into that trap, brothers and sisters. Continue to do what you're doing and don't listen to what anyone says.

Rahmat's POV

*FLASHBACK*

I went downstairs for dinner. As usual, mom was fighting with her sister on the phone, and dad was at work.

Hanifa was in her room, probably texting some boy, and Hadaf was at a sleepover with his best friend.

As per usual, dinner was not ready at all, so I did what I always did. And that was to make myself some dinner. I toasted some bread, and boiled an egg. I made myself a delicious looking egg salad sandwich.

Right about when I finished, my mom walked into the kitchen to look for her antidepressants.

"Ammu, can I please sleep with you" I asked, hoping she'd have a different answer.

"No, stop asking that question, its annoying" she snarled.

She left the kitchen and I bursted into tears. I wasn't having a good day at all.

Today was the day before Aseef, my best friend, was moving. I hated this so much.

I ran up to my room. I missed Hadaf. He knew what to say in a situation like this. After, all he was the only family member that loved me.