04

I V

S L Y T H E R I N P R I D E

"We Slytherins are brave, yes, but not stupid. For instance, given the choice, we will always choose to save our own necks."

- J.K Rowling

It's only 6 o'clock and time flies fast doesnt it. I still have time before the clock ticks 8. So, I went Treasure Hunting to occupy my time. I wandered and explored. I discovered where the Potion's Classroom is. The Astronomy Tower. That is now one of my favorite places here in Hogwarts. When you get to see the stars, the planets from the heavens above. In awe once again. I stayed there while waiting for the time to pass by.

I stayed here at the edge of the rails, watching the stars. I checked the time in my muggle device, cellphone, which my mom gave me. Surprisingly. It's 5 minutes pass 8.

Oh shit! I came running down from the top. I almost fell off. I run to the dungeon. Yes I know everything about the slytherin's. I went pass a stone wall and yes, the Slytherin Common Room.

"Pure-blood!" I said and they let me in. Ha, I don't look like i'm from gryffindor. I see no one in here though. Draco Malfoy, you better not be messing with me.

I sat down the couch near the green flames. I just stared at it and look all the way from the door to the flames. This common room should have been mine but in Gryffindor for a reason. It looks much comforting and feels like home in here. It's quite amazing.

"Why do you keep on frowning, it makes me sad." I looked up to see the boy, Draco, making cute puppy eyes.

"Oh it's nothing. Just thinking. Stop with the face please." I glared as I pointed at him and he just laughed. He sat beside me and started with,

"What we're you gonna tell me? Remember? At the Great Hall."

"I have to tell the Gryffindor trio something, why am I... uhm, blushing." I slapped mentally myself.

"Well, tell me why."

"I was sad well I wasn't, I just had many things in mind. So much for the first night in hogwarts."

"What is it you told them, why did you blush?" He winked.

"Nothing. Just some guy from the train awhile ago. I find him nice but he doesn't know anything though or maybe he already did." I said.

"That person, who is it?" Oh Merlin.

"You know him. Yes, very well but my friends hates him. So it's a bit complicated at my part." I told him with a sigh at the end.

"I think I know who that guy is." He winked at me.

We had a short awkward silence when I decided to start a conversation.

"How'd you know that I know slytherin's password? You just said to meet me here when you don't even know anything but my name?"

"By the snappy attitude you have and the way you talk to me, you're no good gryffindor Ms. Lilith."

"You've got a good point right there but I am a gryffindor."

"Are you a pureblood?"

"Yes and so are my parents, both are in slytherin."

"The sorting hat must have mistaken."

"It could've but we never know. I am now a disgrace to Slytherin and oh my blood."

"Trained well by your parents."

"What?"

"Blood superiority..."

"and Slytherin Pride." I finished his sentence as I flashed a smirk.

He then looked at me with that intense stare. His face got closer to mine, I thought he was going to kiss me. No but he did whisper,

"I like you." Slow down Lily, what the hell were you thinking?

______________

"So, you know the guy?" I asked.

"Yes. Base on your friends, they hate him. Your friends are those three. Must be that demented. So yeah, it's me." He said confindently.

"Yes, you're right." I said. He just smirked when I glanced at him.

"One thing I can't believe is that you're in Gryffindor." He exclaimed.

"I have a special reason for that, I guess i've always wanted to know what it feels like to be a gryffindor. I don't go to this school last year plus family of slytherins are full of slytherins." I explained.

"But why? Are you're parents half-blood?" He said, in disbelief. Blood superiority indeed.

"Oh dear, when did a slytherin become a halfblood? Such disgrace." I stated and he somehow calmed down.

"Now, I am pure-blood and so is my parents. Just clearing that. They are both from Slytherin. Clearing that also. I knew i'll be in it too. I'm wearing a green sweater right now. Of course, them being death eaters. Just following the dark lord when our lives are in danger." His eyes widened.

"Draco, it looks like you saw someone dead. Did I say something wrong?" All he did was hugged me with a huge smile.

"No, we're almost the same. This is amazing. Well, we have the same status with parents. Death eaters. The only different thing is i'm a boy, you're a girl. Slytherin -Gryffindhoor." He practically jumped out of the couch but his laugh and smile faded at the last part.

"I could have been a Slytherin." I frowned.

"That's fine. We've got nothing to worry but the fact that we're almost the same. I am happy about. I can't believe it! I love you!" He's back to the happy malfoy. At the end, I just had to lean in and kiss him on the cheek. Cliché.

I checked the time and it's already past curfew.

"It's already past curfew. I have to go. Goodnight!" I smiled and kiss him on the cheeks. Seeing him burn up.

"Oh, i'll come with you. I don't mind being seen. One awesome thing being a Slytherin." I just nodded.

"Btw, does this mean you like me back?" I didn't answer and I walked up to the door and he followed.

I grab my wand out from my pocket and whispered, "Lumos."

We made our way to the Gryffindor' Common Room.

"I guess it's a goodbye then. Well, see you tomorrow at breakfast." I said.

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight and yes, ilikeyou." And after that last three words, I ran inside and shut the door. He might be shocked but then who wouldn't be?

I went up to the girl's room and carefully hop on to my bed. I don't want to wake people up and have detention. A first day you couldn't have imagined.

A.A